Can you beat this?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Shel-hed, May 22, 2004.

  1. Shel-hed

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 01:11:27 +0100, "Scottie" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >I have just completed the solitaire card game that comes with Microsoft,
    >twice, one after another, in 429 seconds. What is the odds of doing that.
    >Has anyone beat it, "no telling fibs now". I know, I lead a pitiful life.

    How about this one... My g.f. got over 1,000,000 in Pipe Dream.

    Shel-hed, May 22, 2004

  2. Shel-hed

    Scottie Guest

    -------

    Scottie, May 22, 2004

  3. Shel-hed

    Bryan Guest

    Scottie wrote:
    > I have just completed the solitaire card game that comes with
    > Microsoft, twice, one after another, in 429 seconds. What is the odds
    > of doing that. Has anyone beat it, "no telling fibs now". I know, I
    > lead a pitiful life. -------

    1. Good for you!
    2. <shrug> Depends on how much you play
    3. Pitiful life? <more shrug> If that what grabs you!

    Live and let live!
    --
    I've won "Hearts" with "0" points

    Bryan, May 22, 2004
  4. Scottie wrote:
    > I have just completed the solitaire card game that comes with Microsoft,
    > twice, one after another, in 429 seconds. What is the odds of doing that.
    > Has anyone beat it, "no telling fibs now". I know, I lead a pitiful life.

    I prefer to defrag a Win98 machine and watch the details window.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 22, 2004
  5. Shel-hed

    Martik Guest

    "Scottie" <> wrote in message
    >I have just completed the solitaire card game that comes with Microsoft,
    > twice, one after another, in 429 seconds. What is the odds of doing that.
    > Has anyone beat it, "no telling fibs now". I know, I lead a pitiful life.
    > -------

    My Minesweeper (small) record is 13 seconds.

    Martik, May 22, 2004
  6. Shel-hed

    Parko Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 01:11:27 +0100, Scottie dipped a thumbnail in tar and
    wrote:

    > I have just completed the solitaire card game that comes with Microsoft,
    > twice, one after another, in 429 seconds. What is the odds of doing that.
    > Has anyone beat it, "no telling fibs now". I know, I lead a pitiful life.
    > -------

    Phfffft. I got 2.500.000 on Defender once before I had to walk away from
    it.
    http://www.hut.fi/~eye/videogames/arcade.html
    How the hell I got my Degrees is anyones guess.

    --
    Parko
    Still playing games and warping little minds...

    Parko, May 22, 2004
  7. Shel-hed

    Bryan Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Scottie wrote:
    >> I have just completed the solitaire card game that comes with
    >> Microsoft, twice, one after another, in 429 seconds. What is the
    >> odds of doing that. Has anyone beat it, "no telling fibs now". I
    >> know, I lead a pitiful life.

    > I prefer to defrag a Win98 machine and watch the details window.

    Actually, so do I. Something hypnotic about it! :)

    Bryan, May 22, 2004
  8. Bryan wrote:

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >>Scottie wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have just completed the solitaire card game that comes with
    >>>Microsoft, twice, one after another, in 429 seconds. What is the
    >>>odds of doing that. Has anyone beat it, "no telling fibs now". I
    >>>know, I lead a pitiful life.

    >>I prefer to defrag a Win98 machine and watch the details window.

    > Actually, so do I. Something hypnotic about it! :)

    And I wondered why men seem to have nothing better to do
    than watch my washing go round in the laundrette... :) . I
    take a book.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 22, 2004
  9. Shel-hed

    Bryan Guest

    Palindr?me wrote:
    > Bryan wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>> I prefer to defrag a Win98 machine and watch the details window.

    >> Actually, so do I. Something hypnotic about it! :)
    >>

    > And I wondered why men seem to have nothing better to do
    > than watch my washing go round in the laundrette... :) . I
    > take a book.

    I have my own washing machine. So there!
    lol
    --
    sounds like you're a she

    Bryan, May 22, 2004
  10. Palindr☻me wrote:
    > Bryan wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>> I prefer to defrag a Win98 machine and watch the details window.

    >> Actually, so do I. Something hypnotic about it! :)
    >>

    > And I wondered why men seem to have nothing better to do than watch my
    > washing go round in the laundrette... :) . I take a book.

    A love novel I bet ;-)

    =?UTF-8?B?QnJpYW4gSMK5wqk=?=, May 22, 2004
  11. Shel-hed

    Scottie Guest

    Fifty-odd year ago I use to go with my mother to the Steamie to do her
    weekly washing, there was no washing machines then. It was something all
    the kids in the area looked forward to, there would be six to a dozen of
    your mates there with their mother. We all had a great time running around
    the pens and dryers playing games. We also helped all the ladies by lifting
    their prams and wooden bogies up the six or eight steps at the front of the
    washhouse and as often as not, would get a penny or two for helping them.
    God if I could play back time?
    ---------

    Scottie, May 22, 2004
  12. Shel-hed

    Dweeb Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:01:20 +0100, Palindrome wrote:

    > Bryan wrote:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>>I prefer to defrag a Win98 machine and watch the details window.

    >> Actually, so do I. Something hypnotic about it! :)
    >>

    > And I wondered why men seem to have nothing better to do
    > than watch my washing go round in the laundrette... :) . I
    > take a book.

    It's sort of like watching NASCAR (except for the anticipation
    of a possible crackup).

    Dweeb, May 22, 2004