    allowed in PAE

    Would this help:

    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x64-edition/790952.htm
    wrreisen2, Feb 19, 2009

  2. Re: can xp x64 hibernate with 8gb of ram with some special trickof configuration.

    No. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888575/

    Dominic Payer, Feb 19, 2009

  3. Re: can xp x64 hibernate with 8gb of ram with some special trick of configuration.

    Hibernate isn't supported on an 8 GB machine.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 19, 2009
  4. wrreisen2

    wrreisen2 Guest

    On 19 Feb, 16:21, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:
    > Hibernate isn't supported on an 8 GB machine.
    >
    > --
    > Charlie.http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
    >
    > "wrreisen2" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,

    > > can xp x64 hibernate with 8gb of ram with some special trick of
    > > configuration.

    > > I try at the command prompt: powercfg /HIBERNATE on

    > > The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
    > >        The system is running in PAE mode, and hibernation is not
    > > allowed in PAE

    > > Would this help:

    > >http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x64-edition/790952.htm- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for replys. If I upgrade to Vista 64bit would hibernating 8gb
    ram be possible. Here people seem to say that it is:
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1375106

    Thanks again.
    wrreisen2, Feb 20, 2009