    moment.

    --
    New MCP
    New MCP, Aug 4, 2008

  2. New MCP

    Guest

    It depends on what certification you're seeking..

    If you're going for the MCITP: Server Administrator (exams 70-640,
    70-642, and 70-646) you don't need Windows Vista. You can even use
    Virtual PC to load free evaluation versions of Windows Server 2008
    onto your Windows XP system.
    This book (MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator Study Guide
    (Exam 70-646) ISBN 0470293152) even has the steps you can use to load
    Server 2008 onto your system using Virtual PC.

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    http://mcitpsuccess.com/
    http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)

    On Aug 4, 6:53 pm, New MCP <> wrote:
    > Has anyone had any problems using XP as the client for Windows 2008 study,
    > rather than Vista?
    >
    > I’m not sure if there is a prerequisite for Vista knowledge when completing
    > 2008 exams.
    >
    > In the work place i use XP and don't really have a use for Vista at the
    > moment.
    >
    > --
    > New MCP
    , Aug 6, 2008