    me. Earlier revisions could handle it.
    Can anybody recommend a utility program that (batch-)changes the file
    time stamp back to the 'shooting time'? Thanks
    Gustav, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Gustav

    Jerry Guest

    Yes but you have to change the computers time to that time.
    Jerry, Jul 19, 2004

  3. Gustav

    Zebedee Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Yes but you have to change the computers time to that time.

    That's a clunky way of doing it!

    I can write a date change utility and sell it to you for a tenner if you're
    that interested!

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)
    Zebedee, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Zebedee wrote:
    > "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes but you have to change the computers time to that time.

    > That's a clunky way of doing it!
    >
    > I can write a date change utility and sell it to you for a tenner if
    > you're that interested!

    Or the OP could try PIE from:

    http://www.picmeta.com/

    It costs more than a tenner, though!

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Gustav

    Terry Guest

    Gustav wrote:

    >Newer versions of Zoombrowser do not not give the picture files in
    >Windows the time stamp of when the picture actually was shot, but the
    >time of when it was downloaded from the camera! Absolutely annoying to
    >me. Earlier revisions could handle it.
    >Can anybody recommend a utility program that (batch-)changes the file
    >time stamp back to the 'shooting time'? Thanks

    Try any of these, all freeware:

    Exifer: http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

    THERename:
    http://www.herve-thouzard.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=3

    JHead: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/. Command line.

    There are lots of others, but the above are good programs, well
    supported, and popular.

    Terry
    Terry, Jul 20, 2004
  6. Gustav

    Frank ess Guest

    Terry wrote:
    > Gustav wrote:
    >
    >> Newer versions of Zoombrowser do not not give the picture files in
    >> Windows the time stamp of when the picture actually was shot, but the
    >> time of when it was downloaded from the camera! Absolutely annoying
    >> to me. Earlier revisions could handle it.
    >> Can anybody recommend a utility program that (batch-)changes the file
    >> time stamp back to the 'shooting time'? Thanks

    > Try any of these, all freeware:
    >
    > Exifer: http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/
    >
    > THERename:

    http://www.herve-thouzard.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=3

    > JHead: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/. Command line.

    I have a batch file for each of my useful cameras (and the Jhead
    executable) in a "Transit" file, where all downloads arrive.
    Double-clicking the appropriate .bat renders all appropriate filenames
    into
    "2004_06_08_095919.jpg" format, where "06" and "08" are the month and
    day, and the next string of six are hours, minutes, seconds as known by
    the camera and shown in EXIF data. Very small chance of any duplicates,
    takes two or three seconds. You can extract and include in the filename
    just about any of the EXIF you want.

    If I can do it, anyone who can read can do it...

    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Jul 20, 2004
  7. On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:03:20 GMT, Terry <>
    wrote:

    >JHead: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/. Command line.

    Terry,

    thanks for this one. Needed something like this to adjust EXIF
    times when I had forgotten to set the time to the local time
    zone in the camera.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.
    Hans-Georg Michna, Jul 20, 2004
  8. Gustav

    Gustav Guest

    Thanks guys.
    Now, some of you might have misunderstood. I looked for something to
    change the file time stamp, -not the file name.
    Anyway, I decided for the jhead v2.2 which does the job nicely. And
    it's btw public domain.
    Thanks again.
    Gustav, Jul 22, 2004
  9. Gustav

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, etapilot3
    @hotmail.com says...

    >Thanks guys.
    >Now, some of you might have misunderstood. I looked for something to
    >change the file time stamp, -not the file name.
    >Anyway, I decided for the jhead v2.2 which does the job nicely. And
    >it's btw public domain.
    >Thanks again.

    Did not see the OP, but if I understand the question, SuperExplorer (
    shareware) can do this, as well as batch process file extension changes.
    However, it appears that you have a freeware answer to your question.

    Hunt
    Hunt, Jul 31, 2004