    thanx

    J. P.
    --

    Jean Parent, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Jean Parent

    Pug Fugley Guest

    HUH?

    Pug Fugley, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Jean Parent

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
    better ? >><BR><BR>

    No, you can't use a CD-R disc to burn a DVD.

    You can use it to make a VCD, though.

    SoHillsGuy, Dec 8, 2004
  4. Jean Parent

    Larry Guest

    In article <cp5nlt$fd4$>, says...

    > Hello
    >
    > Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
    > better ?
    >
    > I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > J. P.
    > --

    No, thats why they call them DVD, to inform you that it is NOT a CD.

    A blank CD only holds between 650 to 800 MEGABYTES of data.

    A blank DVD can hold nearly 4 GIGABYTES of data.

    A DVD burner requires blank DVD disks to make a dvd.

    The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
    for $30 (US) per hundred.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Larry wrote:
    > In article <cp5nlt$fd4$>, says...
    >
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
    >>better ?
    >>
    >>I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .
    >>
    >>thanx
    >>
    >>J. P.
    >>--
    >>

    > No, thats why they call them DVD, to inform you that it is NOT a CD.
    >
    > A blank CD only holds between 650 to 800 MEGABYTES of data.
    >
    > A blank DVD can hold nearly 4 GIGABYTES of data.
    >
    > A DVD burner requires blank DVD disks to make a dvd.
    >
    > The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
    > for $30 (US) per hundred.

    A database of hackable players is availavle here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

    Another possibility if the original poster has a DVD burner on a
    computer is that you could rip the disc and then reburn the DVD. You
    will most likely lose quality, but it's simple to do. Instructions on
    the process are on the same site at the database.

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Nicholas Andrade wrote:
    > Larry wrote:
    >
    >> In article <cp5nlt$fd4$>,
    >> says...
    >>
    >>> Hello
    >>>
    >>> Can we use any cd-r disc to burn a dvd, or we need dvd-r disc to do it
    >>> better ?
    >>>
    >>> I would buy a dvd burner but would use my cd-r disc .
    >>>
    >>> thanx
    >>>
    >>> J. P.
    >>> --
    >>>

    >> No, thats why they call them DVD, to inform you that it is NOT a CD.
    >>
    >> A blank CD only holds between 650 to 800 MEGABYTES of data.
    >>
    >> A blank DVD can hold nearly 4 GIGABYTES of data.
    >>
    >> A DVD burner requires blank DVD disks to make a dvd.
    >>
    >> The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently
    >> buying them for $30 (US) per hundred.
    >>

    > A database of hackable players is availavle here:
    > http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    >
    > Another possibility if the original poster has a DVD burner on a
    > computer is that you could rip the disc and then reburn the DVD. You
    > will most likely lose quality, but it's simple to do. Instructions on
    > the process are on the same site at the database.

    Whoops, I meant to repsond to the DVD Region thread.

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 8, 2004
  7. >
    >The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
    >for $30 (US) per hundred.

    not bad. I buy TDK cd-rs for 0.20c each.
    but do you really need all that space?

    Developwebsites, Dec 9, 2004
  8. Developwebsites wrote:
    >>The price on blank DVDs has come WAY down recently, Im currently buying them
    >>for $30 (US) per hundred.

    > not bad. I buy TDK cd-rs for 0.20c each.
    > but do you really need all that space?

    There's a whole lot of pr0n out there ;)

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 9, 2004