    Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
    was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.

    Tx.

    fitwell, Dec 5, 2005

  2. fitwell

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-12-05, fitwell <> wrote:
    > Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
    > was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
    >
    > Tx.

    MS word apparently cannot do this. The free Open Office can import MS
    Word files and export PDF files - but you may need to manually edit the
    text to get rid of Microsoft's non-standard characters etc.

    I don't know of any utility to do precisely what you are asking, but I
    wouldn't be surprised if there are commercial products or services
    available.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Dec 5, 2005

  3. fitwell wrote:
    > Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
    > was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
    >
    > Tx.

    Select all the DOC files, right click and select "Convert to PDF".
    Oh yeah, you'll need Acrobat installed.
    Acrobat Pro 7 does it, I'm not sure about the earlier versions.

    ::Your Name Here::, Dec 7, 2005
  4. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:40:14 +1100, ::Your Name Here:: <"::Your Name
    Here::"@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote:

    >fitwell wrote:
    >> Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
    >> was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
    >>
    >> Tx.
    >>

    >Select all the DOC files, right click and select "Convert to PDF".
    >Oh yeah, you'll need Acrobat installed.
    >Acrobat Pro 7 does it, I'm not sure about the earlier versions.

    Hi, it sounds like we're selecting this "Convert to PDF" from the
    context menu which is Windows Explorer?

    I believe we have v6. I'll have to check again at the office.

    That would have saved me a lot of time last week, didn't think to see
    if anything put in the context menu for PDF.

    Pls confirm and thanks.

    fitwell, Dec 11, 2005
  5. fitwell

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:04:24 -0500, fitwell wrote:

    >On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:40:14 +1100, ::Your Name Here:: <"::Your Name
    >Here::"@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote:
    >
    >>fitwell wrote:
    >>> Just out of curiousity, because I couldn't see how to do this and I
    >>> was required to convert 308 Word document yesterday to PDF format.
    >>>
    >>> Tx.
    >>>

    >>Select all the DOC files, right click and select "Convert to PDF".
    >>Oh yeah, you'll need Acrobat installed.
    >>Acrobat Pro 7 does it, I'm not sure about the earlier versions.

    >Hi, it sounds like we're selecting this "Convert to PDF" from the
    >context menu which is Windows Explorer?

    Yes.

    Highlight the files, right click, select the option.

    >I believe we have v6. I'll have to check again at the office.

    Same on v6.

    Taking a .htm file as an example, has 2 context entries

    Convert to Adobe PDF
    Combine in Adobe Acrobat

    >That would have saved me a lot of time last week, didn't think to see
    >if anything put in the context menu for PDF.

    Sometimes the issue is too many things on the context menu :)

    >Pls confirm and thanks.

    Me

    why?, Dec 11, 2005