    I have a background wav file that works fine in IE but with Mozilla
    there is silence. I am using:

    <bgsound src="snds/screaming.wav" balance=0 volume=0>

    One Tuza, Jul 11, 2006

  2. One Tuza wrote:
    > I have a background wav file that works fine in IE but with Mozilla
    > there is silence. I am using:
    >
    > <bgsound src="snds/screaming.wav" balance=0 volume=0>

    If you used a 'standard' command to play music, it would work.
    bgsound is a IE only command
    embed is a Netscape only command
    the proper tag for embedding is object
    and/or a javascript

    The various methods are explained here
    > http://www.webreference.com/js/column20/

    However, you can also get bgsound commands to work in Firefox, with the
    use of an extension Stop Autoplay
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1765/

    There used to be an extension bgsound to embed but it doesnt appear to
    have been updated since Firefox 1.0

    So, you can install the extension to get bgsound to play in YOUR
    Firefox, but that wont assist visitors to your web page in the
    slightest. I recommend using another method to provide the sound, either
    the object tag or the javascript method (embed too)

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 11, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 11, 2006