Can Vonage ATA receive calls from softphones like SJPhone

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Sekhar, Aug 14, 2004.

  1. Sekhar

    Sekhar Guest

    I tried getting to the configuration settings of my Cisco ATA 186 but
    its locked and couldn't unlock. The firmware is 1.2 Apr 2003 and its
    factory reset sets the vonage password again and nothing could be done
    to get to the configuration.

    Is there anyway I could receive calls from any other ATA or softphones
    like SJPhone (not Vonage Softphone) on my Vonage ATA?

    I read posts that if I dial sip: where
    2332233453 is my vonage number, it would work. But it doesn't for me.

    I talked to Vonage CS and they wont provide me a address for someone
    to call through internet.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Sekhar.