    Facts:

    1.- Local area connection is the first choice on Network connections.

    thanks

    Gabito, Sep 21, 2005

  2. "Gabito" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I had read a lot on how can I handle a laptop with both wired and
    > wireless connections at the same time. Metrics, disabling, etc..
    >
    > But I guess no answer had satisfied me yet so far. Is there a place
    > where I can read more about this?
    >
    > I have about 50 laptops with both configurations (wired, wireless), it
    > came to my attention today that some user told me his laptop was very
    > slow, so I disable the wireless, and suddenly it got faster response
    > times, Is that possible? doesn't xp tooks the "best and fast" available
    > route?
    >
    > Facts:
    >
    > 1.- Local area connection is the first choice on Network connections.
    >
    > thanks

    Yep, can be done. I have wired/wireless right now. The simplest and easiest
    way to do it is bridging either by external bridge or on the XP machine
    controlling all, adding a network bridge there but that means all machines
    have to be auto assigned IPs.

    If the networked machines aren't supposed to contact each other wireless to
    wi-fi it is even easier.

    So how do you intend to set them up? So that they can all contact each other
    and internet as well?

    Diamontina Cocktail, Sep 21, 2005