    180 ED.

    I do welcome responses.

    Harold
    H. Brinkman, Aug 7, 2003

  2. H. Brinkman

    Roger Guest

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:59:08 GMT, H. Brinkman
    <> wrote:

    >Can the Nikon SB-80 work comfortably with the F3, FA etc ?
    >
    >There is something to be said for buying, new, the SB-80, rather than
    >an SB28 or SB-26 on Ebay.
    >
    >I know the SB-28 and SB-26 will work fine with the TTL of the Nikin F3
    >and particularly with the Matrix Metering and TTL of the FA.
    >
    >I would like to make sure that the SB-80, because it will work with
    >the high end Digital Nikons, will also work with the legacy Manual or
    >Program mode cameras (F3 and FA) with a Manual AIS lens, such as the
    >180 ED.
    >
    >I do welcome responses.
    >
    >Harold

    Harold,

    I use my SB-24 and SB-80dx with my F3 all the time, but in auto mode
    because I don't have the AS-17 TTL adapter. For TTL operation with the
    F3 you need a F3 compatible flash or the AS-17 ($120) adapter which
    will allow TTL operation with most other Nikon compatible flashes. I
    haven't put the extra money into the AS-17 because for me the X sync
    of 1/80 second is limiting factor and for serious strobe work
    (including outdoor fill flash) I usually use another body.

    The SB80dx makes a great auto flash.

    Regards,
    Roger

    Roger, Aug 7, 2003