    Hey All,

    I have two Cisco 2950's that I am trying to stack together, to get them to act as one unit. I set up clustering in both switches, and I set a cluster command-switch and set the member switch. I can now rcommand into the member cluster switch from the command switch, and theoretically, it is acting as one switch. Here's the problem: I want the 24-port command switch to display fa0/1 - fa0/48, since I have it daisy-chained to another 24-port 2950, but it doesn't show that when I do a show int desc. I know Cisco allows that, I've seen it in the 3750 before.

    So, if I have a switch cluster of two 24-port 2950's operating under the same IP address, then unless I can find a way to make them act as a 48-port switch, isn't the network going to have issues with two sets of each port on 1 switch? (i.e. fa0/1, fa0/1, fa0/2, fa0/2, etc....)?

    DeanR, Nov 12, 2009

  2. DeanR

    donjohnston

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Messages:
    38
    Clustering is a single point management solution. Meaning that you don't have to log into each switch to manage it. The switches are still separate you just have management access to them.

    The 3750's are a whole 'nuther animal. They have the "stackwise" feature that literally allow them to behave a a single switch.

    donjohnston, Nov 23, 2009