    video chat with the kids at home in real time. Has anyone tried this? Thanks
    in advance

    Juan R. Pollo

    Juan R. Pollo, Aug 6, 2005

  2. On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 03:00:29 GMT, "Juan R. Pollo" wrote:

    >I have a pair of A40's and would like to set them up as vidcams so I can
    >video chat with the kids at home in real time. Has anyone tried this? Thanks
    >in advance

    No PowerShot can be used as a webcam.

    The only way you get video out of the A40 is like when you hook it
    up to a TV - and the you have the problem of getting the video in to
    the PC and out on the internet...

    You need a webcam like Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 or Creative WebCam
    Live! Ultra - at least one with a 640x480 pixel CCD sensor - CMOS
    sensors are not as good (unless they're in a high-end dSLR!). Most
    cheap webcams will not work very good unless you have big lamps on.

    Rolf Egil Sølvik, Aug 6, 2005