    p.s. Ive tried calling Linksys ((800)326-7114), but they say they've
    discontinued the SPA3102!
    , Jul 28, 2007

  2. Jono Guest

    used his keyboard to write :
    > I bought a Linksys/Sipura SPA3102, because it has a built in router,
    > but since then, I bought a dsl/router combo, so I would like to have
    > the SPA3102 to connect to this new router... unfortunately, I'm
    > running into all kinds of issues having these 2 DHCP servers
    > running.
    >
    > Is there a way I can disable the SPA3102's router/DHCP server, and
    > have it just have it connect and get its IP from my new router?

    Yes, very easily.

    See <http://www.provu.co.uk/support_SPA-3102_SPA-3000.html>
    Jono, Jul 28, 2007

  3. harrogate3 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I bought a Linksys/Sipura SPA3102, because it has a built in router,
    > but since then, I bought a dsl/router combo, so I would like to have
    > the SPA3102 to connect to this new router... unfortunately, I'm
    > running into all kinds of issues having these 2 DHCP servers
    > running.
    >
    > Is there a way I can disable the SPA3102's router/DHCP server, and
    > have it just have it connect and get its IP from my new router?
    >

    > p.s. Ive tried calling Linksys ((800)326-7114), but they say they've
    > discontinued the SPA3102!

    Don't see your problem. If your ATA WAN connection is wired to your
    new router and there is nothing on the LAN connection it should work
    perfectly - my 2102 does.

    The WAN connection will seek an address via DHCP from your router, end
    of story. The router section of the 3102 will only supply an address
    from its own DHCP if something asks for it, and as there is nothing
    connected nothing will happen.

    --
    Woody

    harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com