    running it.

    --
    Spin

    Spin, Sep 30, 2009

  2. Spin

    VanguardLH Guest

    Spin wrote:

    > Gurus,
    >
    > Can the Avast AntiVirus software (free edition) be configured to conduct
    > weekly scans of the computer? I've looked all over for this setting but
    > can't find it. Just a shot here as I figure someone in this group might be
    > running it.

    Use Task Scheduler to run an event weekly that executes and the
    command-line version:

    "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe" C: D:

    C: and D: are your drives. Specify whatever number you have. This ONLY
    runs the quick scan for Avast. There is no option to run a full scan
    outside the Avast UI.

    VanguardLH, Sep 30, 2009

  3. Spin

    Spin Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Use Task Scheduler to run an event weekly that executes and the
    > command-line version:
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe" C: D:
    >
    > C: and D: are your drives. Specify whatever number you have. This ONLY
    > runs the quick scan for Avast. There is no option to run a full scan
    > outside the Avast UI.

    VanguardLH - thanks. That worked NICELY!

    Spin, Sep 30, 2009
  4. Re: Can the Avast AntiVirus Free edition be configured to conductweekly scans of the computer?

    javier aguilar, Oct 15, 2009