    it harm the motherboard of the 2522 Router?

    Thanks
    Ismail

    ConceptZone, Feb 22, 2004

  2. ConceptZone

    Guest

    On 22 Feb 2004 01:01:24 -0800, (ConceptZone)
    wrote:

    >Can I Run (65W 1.35Amp and 48V) Adapter with my Cisco 2522-DC which
    >is (1 AMP- 1.5 AMP, 40 Watts and from 40 to 72Volts)
    >
    >I am getting anxious because of the more watts in the Ac Adapter, can
    >it harm the motherboard of the 2522 Router?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Ismail

    Should work fine. The wattage rating is the max power the adapter can
    provided, not what it will provide. Looks like the voltage is within
    the desired range, and the adapter can probably put out enough
    current.

    -Chris

    , Feb 22, 2004

  3. ConceptZone

    ConceptZone Guest

    Thanks Chris, I got it.

    ConceptZone, Feb 23, 2004
  4. It's not wattage you should be worried about, it's voltage and
    current rating. If the voltage is right, there shouldn't be any
    danger. However, if the current rating is insufficient, it can create
    problems.

    You say that the power supply is rated at 1.35 amps and the
    router is rated at a maximum of 1.5 A. I'd recommend against using
    this power supply. You should always use a power supply with the
    correct voltage and a power (wattage) rating of at least 125 per cent
    of what your requirements are. That'd be a power rating of about
    ninety watts if your power supply is giving 48 volts. Converting to
    current, I'd round that up to 2 amps. It'd be more if the voltage was
    higher.

    When you get towards the maximum current draw for a power
    supply, the voltage tends to drop. This can cause problems.

    I'd suggest you look elsewhere for a power supply.

    Also, if you are using a power supply other than the correct
    one provided by Cisco, you may be voiding your warranty.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Also,

    Be sure to check the polarity (postive/negative leads) to make
    sure they are correct when you use an aftermarket power supply. If
    the polarity is reversed, you could smoke your unit if it doesn't have
    reverse polarity protection built into it.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Feb 23, 2004
  6. ConceptZone

    erm Guest

    I am confused !!
    You are asking if you can run your 2522 on a 1.35a 48v psu when the actual
    psu you are running on is 1-1.5a 40 - 72v ?
    I would expect to see an input voltage with a range between 90 -260v but not
    secondary side this should be fixed on a set voltage ?
    not 40-72v ?

    erm, Feb 23, 2004