    My WordPerfect is set for every 5 minutes and tells me I have a work
    in progress if I open it after a power failure. I can pick up where
    it stopped (minus the last few minutes).

    default, Oct 15, 2005

  2. default wrote:
    > Any extension or setting to make it so Tbird will periodically save a
    > email composition automatically?
    >
    > Like word processors - so that if the power fails I'm not having to
    > retype everything?
    >
    > My WordPerfect is set for every 5 minutes and tells me I have a work
    > in progress if I open it after a power failure. I can pick up where
    > it stopped (minus the last few minutes).

    Its in 1.5b1 now, so its coming soon.

    I've found 1.5b1 to be rock steady, if you want to give it a try. Or
    wait for the 1.5 release, which should be pretty soon.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 15, 2005

  3. default

    Jedi Fans Guest

    OT: Can Tbird save a mail composition - periodically?

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Its in 1.5b1 now, so its coming soon.
    >
    > I've found 1.5b1 to be rock steady, if you want to give it a try. Or
    > wait for the 1.5 release, which should be pretty soon.
    >
    > Lee

    1.5b2 right now ;)

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 Beta 2,
    Jedi Fans, Oct 15, 2005
  4. Re: OT: Can Tbird save a mail composition - periodically?

    Jedi Fans wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Its in 1.5b1 now, so its coming soon.
    >>
    >> I've found 1.5b1 to be rock steady, if you want to give it a try. Or
    >> wait for the 1.5 release, which should be pretty soon.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > 1.5b2 right now ;)

    You cheated, you cheated! ;)

    Many of us testers are diligently, though not patiently, waiting for the
    automatic updater to kick in with the update for 1.5b2, in order to test it.

    I did download it, and installed it on one machine. There is no obvious
    difference between the two betas. Its going to be a great release though!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 16, 2005
  5. default

    default Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:48:06 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >default wrote:
    >> Any extension or setting to make it so Tbird will periodically save a
    >> email composition automatically?
    >>
    >> Like word processors - so that if the power fails I'm not having to
    >> retype everything?
    >>
    >> My WordPerfect is set for every 5 minutes and tells me I have a work
    >> in progress if I open it after a power failure. I can pick up where
    >> it stopped (minus the last few minutes).

    >Its in 1.5b1 now, so its coming soon.
    >
    >I've found 1.5b1 to be rock steady, if you want to give it a try. Or
    >wait for the 1.5 release, which should be pretty soon.
    >
    >Lee

    Thanks, I will give it a try.

    default, Oct 16, 2005
  6. default

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Jedi Fans wrote:
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>> Its in 1.5b1 now, so its coming soon.
    >>>
    >>> I've found 1.5b1 to be rock steady, if you want to give it a try. Or
    >>> wait for the 1.5 release, which should be pretty soon.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> 1.5b2 right now ;)
    >>

    > You cheated, you cheated! ;)

    Yea yea :p

    > Many of us testers are diligently, though not patiently, waiting for the
    > automatic updater to kick in with the update for 1.5b2, in order to test
    > it.

    Sadly I am impatient, and had just installed SUSE 10.0 - choosing to
    overwrite 9.3, hence Tb was gone and I decided to get Beta 2 :D

    > I did download it, and installed it on one machine. There is no obvious
    > difference between the two betas. Its going to be a great release though!

    Sure is great, thing about beta's are they aren't meant to have changed
    much, only bug fixes from current features etc ;)

    Jedi Fans, Oct 16, 2005