    I have quite a few avi files. If I try to delete or move any of them I get
    the message about it being in use. There are no avi players running and even
    if I were watching one why would that tie up every avi file?

    Tomm, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Tomm

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Tomm

    trout Guest

    Tomm wrote:

    > I have quite a few avi files. If I try to delete or move any of them
    > I get the message about it being in use. There are no avi players
    > running and even if I were watching one why would that tie up every
    > avi file?

    Is that *exactly* what the message says? Not that they "may" be in
    use, or any other possibilities? Maybe an audio program is using a
    shared dll file.
    Anyhow, you could always use MoveOnBoot:

    <http://www.gibinsoft.net/>

    (download):
    <http://www.webattack.com/download/dlmoveonboot.shtml>

    Allows you to move, rename, or delete files on next boot.
    --
    "Saves all that pesky thinking."

    trout, Jul 30, 2003