    highspeed internet connection setup.
    --
    Ernie
    Ernie, Oct 18, 2009

  2. Ernie

    Ernie Guest

    I just realized I didn't describe the setup. I am connected to Hughesnte via
    a network card which gets its signal from a network output connector of a
    netgear wifi device.
    --
    Ernie

    Ernie, Oct 18, 2009

  3. Ernie

    Ernie Guest

    I just tried and I connect to Microsoft newsgroups ok on my laptop which is
    running Vista and Windows Mail. That from the wifi device I mentioned above.
    --
    Ernie

    Ernie, Oct 18, 2009
  4. "Ernie" <> wrote in message

    > I have been unable to find a way to use outlook express to read ms

    newsgroups
    > since I changed from dialup to Hughesnet. My email and websites on IE work
    > great.
    >
    > Outlook Express insists on dialing something even though I have gone

    through
    > and disabled everything in setup that relates to dialup and have done the
    > highspeed internet connection setup.

    OE attempts to dial up only after your permanent high speed
    connection fails to connect with the news server. Successful
    connection from the laptop indicates a problem with OE's
    configuration on the desktop. Of course Vista Mail is different
    so you cannot use its configuration as a template for OE. But
    the OE parameters for newsgroups include:

    Name of POP3 server
    SMTP server
    Name of account
    User name
    email address
    Include/exclude this account
    /Servers
    Account name
    password
    Secure Authentication login (on or off)
    Outgoing Server Requires Authentication (yes or no)
    SMTP port = (default or other)
    POP port = (default or other)

    When you have a good configuration, it helps to
    write it down in your record of changes.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs
    Don Phillipson, Oct 18, 2009
  5. Ernie

    Ernie Guest

    RE: Can"t connect to newsgroups with outlook express since going H

    If you planed to help, Thank you. I just went through the connection wizzard
    one more time and this time it worked and I am now getting newsgroups OK
    --
    Ernie

    Ernie, Oct 18, 2009
  6. Ernie

    Ernie Guest

    Don I tried an individual reply to let you know that I finally got it but my
    mailer daemon informed me that that message did not get through so I am
    doing a group reply.

    Hope this one makes it.

    Thank you for responding.

    Checking Use any available internet connection made it work.
    Interrestingly I now do not see that checkbox, but a message that says
    use\ing same connection as Internet Explorer with a change button.
    Ernie, Oct 22, 2009