    once he is in the bios most of the options are "greyed out" and he can`t
    alter them at all.
    How can he get back to making changes in the Bios??

    shir, Apr 30, 2005

  2. shir

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:35:53 +0100, shir wrote:

    >A friend would like to alter a couple of things in his Bios (disabling
    >onboard sound & stuff like that).
    > He has to enter a password to enter into the Bios , which he does ok , but
    >once he is in the bios most of the options are "greyed out" and he can`t
    >alter them at all.
    > How can he get back to making changes in the Bios??

    Would it matter by not mentioning,

    The PC make/model, BIOS make/version?

    Me

    why?, Apr 30, 2005

  3. "shir" <> wrote in message
    >A friend would like to alter a couple of things in his Bios (disabling
    > onboard sound & stuff like that).
    > He has to enter a password to enter into the Bios , which he does ok , but
    > once he is in the bios most of the options are "greyed out" and he can`t
    > alter them at all.
    > How can he get back to making changes in the Bios??

    Some big name computer manufacturers lock the user out of the Bios. Dell,
    HP, etc.

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, Apr 30, 2005
  4. shir

    Cisco Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:35:53 +0100, "shir" <> wrote:

    >A friend would like to alter a couple of things in his Bios (disabling
    >onboard sound & stuff like that).
    > He has to enter a password to enter into the Bios , which he does ok , but
    >once he is in the bios most of the options are "greyed out" and he can`t
    >alter them at all.
    > How can he get back to making changes in the Bios??

    Your friend is lucky, My Sony won't even let me into the bios, and I
    really wanted to tweak some of those advanced settings. lol

    Cisco, May 1, 2005