    this to install? i have tried everything and microsoft isn't any help at all
    with this problem. hopefully someone will reply to this post since no one did
    to the last one i posted. thanks for any anticipated help that can be given.
    Picker325, Aug 6, 2008

  2. Start by being more specific about your system and what
    error codes you might be getting. Since you give absolutely
    no idea about what exactly is happening, no one can give you
    any suggestions as to what you might do to correct it.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 6, 2008

  3. Picker325

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Picker325.

    Like Bobby said, we can't help much if we don't even know if you are running
    WinXP or Vista or something else.

    THIS group is specifically for 64-bit versions of Windows. Are you running
    WinXP x64 or Vista x64?

    My guess is that you are running 32-bit Vista and that you would be much
    better off in a Vista-specific newsgroup, such as
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general.

    When you post there, be sure to tell them more than you've told us about
    your computer and HOW you've tried to download SP1.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Aug 6, 2008
  4. Hi,
    BIGGER downloads at ms sometimes are corrupt
    try using a downloadmanager
    fx getright or so
    jk
    Juergen Kluth, Aug 6, 2008
  5. Picker325

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Here you have the link for downloading the standalone package of Vista x64
    SP1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4B-32B2-41CC-BD8B-D71EDA5EC07C&displaylang=en
    Download it to your hard disk and then execute it.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 7, 2008