    under Vuepro control, and indeed, when I double-click on the images'
    icon, the image opens with Vuepro, but the icon is still Mozilla! Can
    someone explain this to me? Can someone suggest a solution?

    WF, Sep 5, 2005

  2. WF <> wrote in
    news::

    > Being a amateur in the computer field, I can only hope one of you
    > kind people can help me with this situation. It's not critical,
    > but it is annoying. To be brief, I have Win XP and use Mozilla as
    > a browser. My image viewer is Vuepro. I tried downloading some
    > pics on a website, but the links wouldn't work with Mozilla. The
    > sites' service people suggested Internet Explorer. I dug up
    > version 6 and tried it. The links worked, but when I finished and
    > went back to the desktop, all the Vuepro icons were replaced with
    > the Mozilla icon. I don't think I did something wrong, as I am
    > paranoid about pressing the wrong button. I went into Folder
    > Options in the Control Panel to investigate and found that
    > everything was still as it was. All the images were still under
    > Vuepro control, and indeed, when I double-click on the images'
    > icon, the image opens with Vuepro, but the icon is still Mozilla!
    > Can someone explain this to me? Can someone suggest a solution?

    Try rebuilding your icon cache.

    To do this, right click on the desktop, select Properties, click on
    Appearance Tab. Then if you have WinXP, click on "Advanced".
    Select "Icon" in the "Items" window. Change the icon Size one bigger
    or smaller and repeatedly click "OK" to close all windows.

    Repeat procedure changing the icon size back to the original size.
    This should force a rebuild of the icon cache and may solve your
    problem.

    HTH,
    John

    John Wunderlich, Sep 5, 2005

  3. WF

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:33:54 -0700, John Wunderlich <> wrote:

    >WF <> wrote in
    >
    >> Being a amateur in the computer field, I can only hope one of you
    >> kind people can help me with this situation. It's not critical,
    >> but it is annoying. To be brief, I have Win XP and use Mozilla as
    >> a browser. My image viewer is Vuepro. I tried downloading some
    >> pics on a website, but the links wouldn't work with Mozilla. The
    >> sites' service people suggested Internet Explorer. I dug up
    >> version 6 and tried it. The links worked, but when I finished and
    >> went back to the desktop, all the Vuepro icons were replaced with
    >> the Mozilla icon. I don't think I did something wrong, as I am
    >> paranoid about pressing the wrong button. I went into Folder
    >> Options in the Control Panel to investigate and found that
    >> everything was still as it was. All the images were still under
    >> Vuepro control, and indeed, when I double-click on the images'
    >> icon, the image opens with Vuepro, but the icon is still Mozilla!
    >> Can someone explain this to me? Can someone suggest a solution?
    >>

    >Try rebuilding your icon cache.
    >
    >To do this, right click on the desktop, select Properties, click on
    >Appearance Tab. Then if you have WinXP, click on "Advanced".
    >Select "Icon" in the "Items" window. Change the icon Size one bigger
    >or smaller and repeatedly click "OK" to close all windows.
    >
    >Repeat procedure changing the icon size back to the original size.
    >This should force a rebuild of the icon cache and may solve your
    >problem.
    >
    >HTH,
    > John

    If you have TweakUI installed, it has a "Repair Icon" function.

    Microsoft TweakUI specifically for Windows XP
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    Icons Randomly Change to Different Icons.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=132668

    Unk, Sep 5, 2005