Can someone please help me in my univ selection?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rahul986@gmail.com, Aug 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I've recently taken my GRE and got a score of 1360 (V 580 + Q 780). And
    an AWA score of 6.0. My brief profile is as follows:

    B.Tech in ECE
    Aggregate as of now: 79%
    Topper's % in my University(JNTU): around 89%
    My achievements profile is the best in my college, I've done many
    activities... that separate me from the rest of the students...

    University Topper in the subject of Electronics in my First Year
    Won four National Level Paper Presentations
    Won a National Level competition for the best innovative idea regarding
    the concept of a website
    Been the Chief Editor of the first Technical Magazine of our college

    I can get hopefully nice recommendation letters from my professors.
    I'll try to get even from the Principal and the Dean.

    I'm actually confused with all the university selection process. I'm
    not able to decide which universities to apply. Currectly I'm planning
    to apply for around 10-12. I'm planning to take Electricals as my MS
    field and maybe more precisely Computer Networks under that or
    Telecommunications. Here's the list I've gathered:

    Ohio State University, Columbus
    University of Sincinatti
    Arizona State University, Phoenux
    University of Texas, Dallas
    North Carolina State University, Raleigh
    Purdiu University, Indianapolis
    Iowa State University
    University of Southern California, Los Angeles
    West Virginia
    University of Utah, Salt Lake City
    Clempson University
    University of Florida
    Cornigie Melon

    Are there any universities in which I can get full aid? What is the
    significance of this AWA score? Does my 6.0 help me atleast 2-5% in the
    admission process?

    This is my first post here, so I apologise if I posted anything wrong.

    Thank You so much for your time.

    , Aug 29, 2006

  2. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-29, <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've recently taken my GRE and got a score of 1360 (V 580 + Q 780). And
    > an AWA score of 6.0. My brief profile is as follows:
    >
    > B.Tech in ECE
    > Aggregate as of now: 79%
    > Topper's % in my University(JNTU): around 89%
    > My achievements profile is the best in my college, I've done many
    > activities... that separate me from the rest of the students...
    >
    > University Topper in the subject of Electronics in my First Year
    > Won four National Level Paper Presentations
    > Won a National Level competition for the best innovative idea regarding
    > the concept of a website
    > Been the Chief Editor of the first Technical Magazine of our college
    >
    > I can get hopefully nice recommendation letters from my professors.
    > I'll try to get even from the Principal and the Dean.
    >
    > I'm actually confused with all the university selection process. I'm
    > not able to decide which universities to apply. Currectly I'm planning
    > to apply for around 10-12. I'm planning to take Electricals as my MS
    > field and maybe more precisely Computer Networks under that or
    > Telecommunications. Here's the list I've gathered:
    >
    > Ohio State University, Columbus
    > University of Sincinatti
    > Arizona State University, Phoenux
    > University of Texas, Dallas
    > North Carolina State University, Raleigh
    > Purdiu University, Indianapolis
    > Iowa State University
    > University of Southern California, Los Angeles
    > West Virginia
    > University of Utah, Salt Lake City
    > Clempson University
    > University of Florida
    > Cornigie Melon
    >
    > Are there any universities in which I can get full aid? What is the
    > significance of this AWA score? Does my 6.0 help me atleast 2-5% in the
    > admission process?
    >
    > This is my first post here, so I apologise if I posted anything wrong.
    >
    > Thank You so much for your time.

    I'm no more American than you are, so I can't help you with the
    technicalities of applying for a university place in the USA from India.
    However, these points leap out as needing attention from you:

    1) Make sure that you can get into the country legally for the purposes
    of attending a US university.

    2) How are you going to get to the USA and support yourself there?

    3) Learning how to spell the name of the university before you write to
    them, would probably improve your chances of having your letter read.

    4) I don't know what allowances they would make for your standard of
    English.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 29, 2006