    but
    where are they located for Mozilla?

    TIA
    Loka-Moshin, Oct 27, 2007

  2. Loka-Moshin

    dino Guest

    Loka-Moshin wrote:
    > Can someone tell me where I can locate the temporary Internet files in
    > Mozilla? They're easily found for MSIE for deletion in Windows
    > Explorer, but
    > where are they located for Mozilla?

    Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Private Data (tick the ask box) >> Clear
    Now and Select Cache and Browsing History.

    If you want it done automatically you can tick the always clear.... and
    select the options from Settings

    Alternatively if you open History you can delete pages/sites manually or
    delete an entire day's history. I'm not sure if it permanently deletes
    them though. Someone else may be able to confirm that.
    dino, Oct 27, 2007

  3. Loka-Moshin

    TheCroW Guest

    >> Can someone tell me where I can locate the temporary Internet files in
    >> Mozilla? They're easily found for MSIE for deletion in Windows Explorer,
    >> but
    >> where are they located for Mozilla?

    > Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Private Data (tick the ask box) >> Clear
    > Now and Select Cache and Browsing History.
    >
    > If you want it done automatically you can tick the always clear.... and
    > select the options from Settings
    >
    > Alternatively if you open History you can delete pages/sites manually or
    > delete an entire day's history. I'm not sure if it permanently deletes
    > them though. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

    But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I am
    curious on that too.

    Menno
    TheCroW, Oct 27, 2007
  4. Loka-Moshin

    Rom Guest

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:02:28 +0200, TheCroW wrote:

    > But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I am
    > curious on that too.

    Type about:cache into the location bar and press Enter.

    It shows the Cache Directory location.

    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About_protocol_links>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Oct 27, 2007
  5. TheCroW wrote:
    >>> Can someone tell me where I can locate the temporary Internet files in
    >>> Mozilla? They're easily found for MSIE for deletion in Windows Explorer,
    >>> but
    >>> where are they located for Mozilla?

    >> Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Private Data (tick the ask box) >> Clear
    >> Now and Select Cache and Browsing History.
    >>
    >> If you want it done automatically you can tick the always clear.... and
    >> select the options from Settings
    >>
    >> Alternatively if you open History you can delete pages/sites manually or
    >> delete an entire day's history. I'm not sure if it permanently deletes
    >> them though. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

    > But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I am
    > curious on that too.
    >
    > Menno

    in the address bar type in about:cache?device=disk and look
    at the 5th line and it will tell you where the cache is located.

    To find the cache, you must unhide window files, and you can
    do that by reading this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    if you wish to change the location of the cache, then in the
    address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

    browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

    once found, double click on it and change it. If you don't
    see that entry, then right click on any entry, select New,
    String, and enter the line from above in the first box, then
    the location in the second.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 27, 2007
  6. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    "dino" <> wrote in message
    > Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >> Can someone tell me where I can locate the temporary Internet files in
    >> Mozilla? They're easily found for MSIE for deletion in Windows Explorer,
    >> but
    >> where are they located for Mozilla?

    > Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Private Data (tick the ask box) >> Clear
    > Now and Select Cache and Browsing History.

    But that removes everything. Were is the *LIST* to I can delete those I
    want to delete and leave the rest as in MSIE?

    > If you want it done automatically you can tick the always clear.... and
    > select the options from Settings

    No, I want to choose which to remove. I don't want everything removed.

    > Alternatively if you open History you can delete pages/sites manually or
    > delete an entire day's history. I'm not sure if it permanently deletes
    > them though. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

    There is no option to open History in Mozilla Forefox. I have version
    2.0.0.8.
    Loka-Moshin, Oct 27, 2007
  7. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    "TheCroW" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can someone tell me where I can locate the temporary Internet files in
    >>> Mozilla? They're easily found for MSIE for deletion in Windows
    >>> Explorer, but
    >>> where are they located for Mozilla?

    >> Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Private Data (tick the ask box) >> Clear
    >> Now and Select Cache and Browsing History.
    >>
    >> If you want it done automatically you can tick the always clear.... and
    >> select the options from Settings
    >>
    >> Alternatively if you open History you can delete pages/sites manually or
    >> delete an entire day's history. I'm not sure if it permanently deletes
    >> them though. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

    > But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I am
    > curious on that too.

    I searched for a long time last night and never found them. :(

    Loka-Moshin, Oct 27, 2007
  8. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    "Rom" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:02:28 +0200, TheCroW wrote:
    >
    >> But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I
    >> am
    >> curious on that too.

    > Type about:cache into the location bar and press Enter.
    >
    > It shows the Cache Directory location.
    >
    > <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About_protocol_links>

    Sorry but no it doesn't. All that's listed there are numbers that are
    meaningless. How would anyone know what websites they represent?

    Loka-Moshin, Oct 27, 2007
  9. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    wrote in message news:ffvemu$hl6$...

    >> But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I
    >> am curious on that too.
    >>
    >> Menno

    > in the address bar type in about:cache?device=disk and look at the 5th
    > line and it will tell you where the cache is located.

    Sorry but that took me to a website and not my Temporary Interner files list
    = http://www.cache.com/cache/control/main which sells clothing.
    about:cache to me to list of some kind with no way to delete those I wanted
    to delete. How are they deleted from this odd looking list?

    > To find the cache, you must unhide window files, and you can do that by
    > reading this:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    They are unhidden already. Where are they listed as in MSIE where one can
    choose which temporary file to remove and which to keep? about:cache does
    not give you the choice of which to keep or delete.

    (brevity snips)

    Loka-Moshin, Oct 27, 2007
  10. Loka-Moshin

    dino Guest

    Loka-Moshin wrote:

    > "dino" <> wrote in message
    >> Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >>> Can someone tell me where I can locate the temporary Internet files in
    >>> Mozilla? They're easily found for MSIE for deletion in Windows
    >>> Explorer, but
    >>> where are they located for Mozilla?

    >> Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Private Data (tick the ask box) >>
    >> Clear Now and Select Cache and Browsing History.

    > But that removes everything. Were is the *LIST* to I can delete those I
    > want to delete and leave the rest as in MSIE?
    >

    >> If you want it done automatically you can tick the always clear....
    >> and select the options from Settings

    > No, I want to choose which to remove. I don't want everything removed.

    It helps if you ask the question you want answered in the first place
    instead of asking a vague question and then complaining about the answer
    you get which is correct!

    >> Alternatively if you open History you can delete pages/sites manually
    >> or delete an entire day's history. I'm not sure if it permanently
    >> deletes them though. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

    > There is no option to open History in Mozilla Forefox. I have version
    > 2.0.0.8.

    You need to look better! Its in the main menu toolbar or you can use
    CTRL H or you can put the icon in the Navigation Toolbar
    dino, Oct 27, 2007
  11. Loka-Moshin wrote:
    > "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    > wrote in message news:ffvemu$hl6$...
    >>> But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I
    >>> am curious on that too.
    >>>
    >>> Menno

    >> in the address bar type in about:cache?device=disk and look at the 5th
    >> line and it will tell you where the cache is located.

    > Sorry but that took me to a website and not my Temporary Interner files list
    > = http://www.cache.com/cache/control/main which sells clothing.
    > about:cache to me to list of some kind with no way to delete those I wanted
    > to delete. How are they deleted from this odd looking list?

    try again. Its:

    about:cache?device=disk

    there is no 'http' and there is no 'www' in it.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 27, 2007
  12. Loka-Moshin

    Rom Guest

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:21:49 -0500, Loka-Moshin wrote:

    > "Rom" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:02:28 +0200, TheCroW wrote:
    >>
    >>> But do you also know *where* that data is stored in Windows Explorer? I
    >>> am
    >>> curious on that too.

    >> Type about:cache into the location bar and press Enter.
    >>
    >> It shows the Cache Directory location.
    >>
    >> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About_protocol_links>

    > Sorry but no it doesn't.

    It does here.

    > All that's listed there are numbers that are
    > meaningless.

    So you found the location of the cache directory in Windows Explorer.

    > How would anyone know what websites they represent?

    Try the "List Cache Entries" link on the next line under where it
    shows the location of cache directory in about:cache.

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Oct 28, 2007
  13. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    "Rom" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:21:49 -0500, Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >
    >> "Rom" <> wrote in message

    >>> Type about:cache into the location bar and press Enter.
    >>>
    >>> It shows the Cache Directory location.
    >>>
    >>> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About_protocol_links>

    >> Sorry but no it doesn't.

    > It does here.
    >
    >> All that's listed there are numbers that are
    >> meaningless.

    > So you found the location of the cache directory in Windows Explorer.
    >
    >> How would anyone know what websites they represent?

    > Try the "List Cache Entries" link on the next line under where it
    > shows the location of cache directory in about:cache.

    But how do you remove those you want to remove from that list? There is no
    option to delete them as in MSIE's list of temporary Internet files?

    For example... how do I manually remove this one?
    Key: chrome://global/skin/icons/tab-arrow-start-bkgnd-disabled.png
    Data size: 1900 bytes
    Fetch count: 1
    Last modified: 2007-10-27 22:26:25
    Expires: No expiration time

    Loka-Moshin, Oct 28, 2007
  14. Loka-Moshin

    wrote in message news:fg098l$78a$...
    > Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> in the address bar type in about:cache?device=disk and look at the 5th
    >>> line and it will tell you where the cache is located.

    >> Sorry but that took me to a website and not my Temporary Interner files
    >> list = http://www.cache.com/cache/control/main which sells clothing.
    >> about:cache to me to list of some kind with no way to delete those I
    >> wanted to delete. How are they deleted from this odd looking list?

    > try again. Its:
    >
    > about:cache?device=disk
    >
    > there is no 'http' and there is no 'www' in it.

    OK... got there but this is not like the list in MSIE as you cannot remove
    those you want to remove. There is no option to delete them.... where are
    they found listed in WE so some can be manually deleted and others left?

    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uby8hjsk.default\Cache

    If I follow the above path it leads to a *cache* with NO LIST of the
    temporary files as in MSIE, just some strange numbers. Where is that list
    to be found?

    Loka-Moshin, Oct 28, 2007
  15. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    "dino" <> wrote in message
    > Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >>
    >> "dino" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Tools >> Options >> Privacy >> Private Data (tick the ask box) >> Clear
    >>> Now and Select Cache and Browsing History.

    >> But that removes everything. Were is the *LIST* to I can delete those I
    >> want to delete and leave the rest as in MSIE?
    >>

    >>> If you want it done automatically you can tick the always clear.... and
    >>> select the options from Settings

    >> No, I want to choose which to remove. I don't want everything removed.

    > It helps if you ask the question you want answered in the first place
    > instead of asking a vague question and then complaining about the answer
    > you get which is correct!
    >
    >>> Alternatively if you open History you can delete pages/sites manually or
    >>> delete an entire day's history. I'm not sure if it permanently deletes
    >>> them though. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

    >> There is no option to open History in Mozilla Forefox. I have version
    >> 2.0.0.8.

    > You need to look better! Its in the main menu toolbar or you can use CTRL
    > H or you can put the icon in the Navigation Toolbar

    Found it and there was no list of Temp Internet Files (TIFs) where you can
    choose to keep one and remove another as in MSIE. How is that list found in
    WE? The path below leads to a list of meaningless numbers and not the list
    of TIFs.

    Loka-Moshin, Oct 28, 2007
  16. Loka-Moshin

    Rom Guest

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 22:39:58 -0500, Loka-Moshin wrote:

    > "Rom" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:21:49 -0500, Loka-Moshin wrote:

    [...]
    >>> How would anyone know what websites they represent?

    >> Try the "List Cache Entries" link on the next line under where it
    >> shows the location of cache directory in about:cache.

    > But how do you remove those you want to remove from that list? There is no
    > option to delete them as in MSIE's list of temporary Internet files?

    You're right in that it is not like IE. Firefox also stores other info
    differently too, e.g. cookies. Firefox is used on other platforms too.

    > For example... how do I manually remove this one?
    > Key: chrome://global/skin/icons/tab-arrow-start-bkgnd-disabled.png
    > Data size: 1900 bytes
    > Fetch count: 1
    > Last modified: 2007-10-27 22:26:25
    > Expires: No expiration time

    On some of the listed web site entries after clicking the "Key" link
    you can see the "file on disk" listed as found in the cache directory.

    Try the CacheViewer extension for removing those you want:
    <https://addons.update.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2489>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Oct 28, 2007
  17. Loka-Moshin

    dino Guest

    Loka-Moshin wrote:

    >>> There is no option to open History in Mozilla Forefox. I have
    >>> version 2.0.0.8.

    >> You need to look better! Its in the main menu toolbar or you can use
    >> CTRL H or you can put the icon in the Navigation Toolbar

    > Found it and there was no list of Temp Internet Files (TIFs) where you
    > can choose to keep one and remove another as in MSIE. How is that list
    > found in WE? The path below leads to a list of meaningless numbers and
    > not the list of TIFs.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uby8hjsk.default\Cache

    View the history via FF with it open and you will get a list in the
    sidebar with all the pages listed by name. Right-click and delete
    individually the ones you don't want displayed. Simple.
    dino, Oct 28, 2007
  18. Loka-Moshin

    Doug G Guest

    Loka-Moshin wrote:

    > "dino" <> wrote in message
    >> Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "dino" <> wrote in message

    >>> But that removes everything. Were is the *LIST* to I can delete
    >>> those I want to delete and leave the rest as in MSIE?

    >>> No, I want to choose which to remove. I don't want everything removed.

    >> It helps if you ask the question you want answered in the first place
    >> instead of asking a vague question and then complaining about the
    >> answer you get which is correct!

    >>> There is no option to open History in Mozilla Forefox. I have
    >>> version 2.0.0.8.

    >> You need to look better! Its in the main menu toolbar or you can use
    >> CTRL H or you can put the icon in the Navigation Toolbar

    > Found it and there was no list of Temp Internet Files (TIFs) where you
    > can choose to keep one and remove another as in MSIE. How is that list
    > found in WE? The path below leads to a list of meaningless numbers and
    > not the list of TIFs.
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uby8hjsk.default\Cache

    While Firefox is the active window, click History(menu) > Show in
    Sidebar Ctrl+H, right-click the entry you don't want and then right or
    left-click Delete on the context menu.
    Doug G, Oct 28, 2007
  19. Loka-Moshin

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Loka-Moshin wrote:

    > "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Loka-Moshin wrote:
    >>> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> Sorry but that took me to a website and not my Temporary Interner
    >>> files list = http://www.cache.com/cache/control/main which sells
    >>> clothing. about:cache to me to list of some kind with no way to
    >>> delete those I wanted to delete. How are they deleted from this odd
    >>> looking list?

    >> try again. Its:
    >>
    >> about:cache?device=disk
    >>
    >> there is no 'http' and there is no 'www' in it.

    > OK... got there but this is not like the list in MSIE as you cannot
    > remove those you want to remove. There is no option to delete them....
    > where are they found listed in WE so some can be manually deleted and
    > others left?
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uby8hjsk.default\Cache
    >
    > If I follow the above path it leads to a *cache* with NO LIST of the
    > temporary files as in MSIE, just some strange numbers. Where is that
    > list to be found?
    >

    >> --
    >> *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but messages emailed to me will be
    >> disregarded!!!!
    >>
    >> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:
    >> http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Those files in that directory ARE the cached or, in IE parlance, the
    temporary internet files. For a variety of reasons the files are stored
    using indexed names instead of the actual filenames downloaded from the
    Internet. You can certainly delete them individually from within
    Windows Explorer.

    If you want to read more:

    http://www.google.com/search?query=firefox cache files&num=50

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 28, 2007
  20. Loka-Moshin

    Loka-Moshin Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message

    > Those files in that directory ARE the cached or, in IE parlance, the
    > temporary internet files. For a variety of reasons the files are stored
    > using indexed names instead of the actual filenames downloaded from the
    > Internet. You can certainly delete them individually from within Windows
    > Explorer.
    >
    > If you want to read more:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?query=firefox cache files&num=50

    I'll definitely check it out as I can't find them anywhere in WE to delete
    them individually.

    Thanks
    Loka-Moshin, Nov 5, 2007