    Messages:
    2
    i need help with my outlook express. I need to know how i can have someone log onto their account from my computer. i am new to this site too, so please help if you can! Any help is appreciated.

    jimmy11, Mar 10, 2008

  2. jimmy11

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You have to set their account up in your Outlook Express. That means you need to know the pop and smtp server addresses, along with the username and password.

    bigal, Mar 19, 2008

  3. jimmy11

    Shadow123

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    I have a question about Outlook as well. I have a Hotmail and Gmail account. Is there a way to get emails from both accounts on Outlook? I've tried but it hasn't worked for me (it can never find the accounts). Also, I know many people use Outlook for business, but is it worth using for personal use?

    Shadow123, Jul 9, 2008
  4. jimmy11

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know enough about e-mail clients to guide you with GMail or Hotmail. I do know they are web mail accounts and so I would assume they ingest and output e-mail differently than Outlook or Outlook Express. You should probably go to one of Microsoft's forums and post your question there. If you do, please let us know the recommendations.

    bigal, Jul 10, 2008
  5. jimmy11

    torontolife

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2009
    Messages:
    32
    Definitely just look on the Gmail site for POP settings. Any provider (gmail, hotmail) who allows POP3 or IMAP access, you can retreive and send mail from outlook.

    torontolife, Jun 4, 2009
  6. jimmy11

    jbuyers

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2009
    Messages:
    47
    You need a program called VNC

    ... Ultra VNC is also awesome ... I use it all the time.

    :flute:

    jbuyers, Jun 22, 2009
  7. jimmy11

    alphah

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    or you can do IBM's sametime.

    alphah, Jun 18, 2010
  8. jimmy11

    alphah

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Messages:
    37

    yes, you just need ot setup separate accounts for them.

    you may have to pay for Hotmail though

    alphah, Jun 18, 2010
  9. jimmy11

    alphah

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Messages:
    37
    actually, you may need to download the Hotmail connector for using outlook express depending on the version you use

    alphah, Jun 18, 2010
  10. jimmy11

    honeydanny84

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2010
    Messages:
    5
    agreed ineed

    honeydanny84, Jul 15, 2010
  11. jimmy11

    Manny

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    fundamentally, what's difference between Outlook and Outlook Express.

    Manny, Oct 22, 2010
  12. jimmy11

    Manny

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    Can someone please help me out here:trytofly: .

    Thanks.

    Manny, Oct 22, 2010