    4(stabilizer.

    thanks
    :)

    Over G, Apr 30, 2007

  2. On 30 Apr 2007 15:19:44 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Over G
    <> wrote:

    >1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    >2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    >3( LCD )turning around .
    >4(stabilizer.

    Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Apr 30, 2007

  3. Over G

    Just D Guest

    "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    >>2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    >>3( LCD )turning around .
    >>4(stabilizer.

    > Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?

    He'd better provide his Credit Card number right here in the NG to let us
    make a choice and buy it for him... :)

    Sometimes people are so naive...

    Just D.

    Just D, Apr 30, 2007
  4. Over G

    Over G Guest

    On May 1, 1:37 am, "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
    <> wrote:
    > On 30 Apr 2007 15:19:44 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Over G
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    > >2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    > >3( LCD )turning around .
    > >4(stabilizer.

    > Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?
    > --
    > Ed Ruf ()http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html

    I mean suggestions,

    every thing I checked was not qualified..

    Over G, Apr 30, 2007
  5. Over G

    Just D Guest

    "Over G"
    >> >1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    >> >2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    >> >3( LCD )turning around .
    >> >4(stabilizer.

    >> Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?
    >> --
    >> Ed Ruf
    >> ()http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html

    > I mean suggestions,
    >
    > every thing I checked was not qualified..

    Sure, but why do you think that thid NG knows your preferences much better
    than you do? You also missed some parameters to start with - camera size,
    MPx, price range, kind of stabilizer, kind of camera, purpose, etc., etc....
    Only you know exactly what do you want to get. Even a bad grip can cause a
    problem and affect your choice if we're talking about pro/semipro series.

    Knowing all that you could go to some on-line store and order to show you
    the list that they have for that requirements. For example www.onecall.com
    and many others - you can screen the entire list using that. And only after
    you made your own search you could ask people to provide some additional
    info about a few ones that you selected from the long list. You should
    understand that all people are having their own preferences and it's almost
    impossible to give a good advice. Like my very good friend said to another
    our friend many years ago answering his question if he should get married or
    not - "I will be guilty any way, regardless of if I'm right or wrong, then
    why should I answer yout question?". :)

    Just D.

    Just D, May 1, 2007
  6. Over G wrote:
    > 1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber

    Any of the major camera manufactures has 28mm lenses

    > 2( have azoom of 10 andmore.

    That's somewhat harder to find. Most people consider zooms with a factor of
    10 to be way too much of a compromise and rather carry 2 or 3 separate
    lenses. Most major manufactures won't go beyond 7x or so.

    > 3( LCD )turning around .

    I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

    > 4(stabilizer.

    Pentax has the stabilizer in the camera body instead of in the lens. Experts
    are still arguing if lens or sensor is the better place for the stabilizer.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, May 1, 2007
  7. Over G

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:39:57 GMT, Jürgen Exner wrote:

    >> 3( LCD )turning around .

    > I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

    Not too many can turn around on command. :) I think he meant an
    LCD that's articulated and can be repositioned.

    ASAAR, May 1, 2007
  8. "Jürgen Exner" <> writes:

    > Over G wrote:
    > > 1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber

    > Any of the major camera manufactures has 28mm lenses
    >
    > > 2( have azoom of 10 andmore.

    > That's somewhat harder to find. Most people consider zooms with a factor of
    > 10 to be way too much of a compromise and rather carry 2 or 3 separate
    > lenses. Most major manufactures won't go beyond 7x or so.

    I think the original poster meant a self contained camera where you can't
    change lenses. Not everything is a DSLR.

    > > 3( LCD )turning around .

    > I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

    I suspect the original poster meant with an articulating LCD like some of the
    flip and twist Canon cameras (S1/S2/S3, etc.) that would for things like a self
    portrait or shooting from waist level. Presumably the LCD would be used for
    focusing since you don't really need to flip the LCD for review.

    > > 4(stabilizer.

    > Pentax has the stabilizer in the camera body instead of in the lens. Experts
    > are still arguing if lens or sensor is the better place for the stabilizer.

    Off hand, I don't know of any camera that meets the specification. Lets see:

    Canon S3 camera:
    Has 12x zoom, articulating LCD, has IS, but starts at 36mm equivalent.

    Olympus SP550UZ:
    Has 18x zoom, has IS, starts at 28mm, but does not have an articulating LCD.

    Ricoh R6:
    Starts at 28mm, has IS, but only has a 7x zoom and no articulating LCD.

    Panasonic TZ3/TZ2:
    Starts at 28mm, has IS, 10x zoom, but no articulating LCD.

    Panasonic FZ50:
    Has IS, 12x zoom, articulating LCD, but starts at 35mm

    If you really want the articulating LCD, you have to figure whether you are
    willing to live with 35mm instead of 28mm. An alternative would be to use the
    TV out functionality that these cameras have and use a portable DVD player to
    view the LCD at the angle you want and use a SP550UZ or TZ3/TZ2. I could
    imagine a mirror or some such could also be fashioned.

    You can put a wide angle lens on the FZ50 and probably on the S3 to give you
    28mm, but you might not have much zoom between 28mm and 35mm.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, May 1, 2007
  9. Over G

    Guest Guest

    The Fuji S9100 doesn't have true IS, but does have Fuji's "Picture
    Stabilization" mode, and it does meet the other criteria. Articulating
    LCD, 10.7x optical zoom starting at 28mm. http://tinyurl.com/ysu5rh

    --
    is Joshua Putnam
    <http://www.phred.org/~josh/>

    Guest, May 1, 2007
  10. Over G

    Over G Guest

    On May 1, 3:47 am, Michael Meissner <>
    wrote:
    > "Jürgen Exner" <> writes:
    > > Over G wrote:
    > > > 1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber

    > > Any of the major camera manufactures has 28mm lenses

    > > > 2( have azoom of 10 andmore.

    > > That's somewhat harder to find. Most people consider zooms with a factor of
    > > 10 to be way too much of a compromise and rather carry 2 or 3 separate
    > > lenses. Most major manufactures won't go beyond 7x or so.

    > I think the original poster meant a self contained camera where you can't
    > change lenses. Not everything is a DSLR.
    >
    > > > 3( LCD )turning around .

    > > I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

    > I suspect the original poster meant with an articulating LCD like some of the
    > flip and twist Canon cameras (S1/S2/S3, etc.) that would for things like a self
    > portrait or shooting from waist level. Presumably the LCD would be used for
    > focusing since you don't really need to flip the LCD for review.
    >
    > > > 4(stabilizer.

    > > Pentax has the stabilizer in the camera body instead of in the lens. Experts
    > > are still arguing if lens or sensor is the better place for the stabilizer.

    > Off hand, I don't know of any camera that meets the specification. Lets see:
    >
    > Canon S3 camera:
    > Has 12x zoom, articulating LCD, has IS, but starts at 36mm equivalent.
    >
    > Olympus SP550UZ:
    > Has 18x zoom, has IS, starts at 28mm, but does not have an articulating LCD.
    >
    > Ricoh R6:
    > Starts at 28mm, has IS, but only has a 7x zoom and no articulating LCD.
    >
    > Panasonic TZ3/TZ2:
    > Starts at 28mm, has IS, 10x zoom, but no articulating LCD.
    >
    > Panasonic FZ50:
    > Has IS, 12x zoom, articulating LCD, but starts at 35mm
    >
    > If you really want the articulating LCD, you have to figure whether you are
    > willing to live with 35mm instead of 28mm. An alternative would be to use the
    > TV out functionality that these cameras have and use a portable DVD player to
    > view the LCD at the angle you want and use a SP550UZ or TZ3/TZ2. I could
    > imagine a mirror or some such could also be fashioned.
    >
    > You can put a wide angle lens on the FZ50 and probably on the S3 to give you
    > 28mm, but you might not have much zoom between 28mm and 35mm.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Meissner
    > email: ://www.the-meissners.org

    ok first thanks.
    yes, I could be more clear , I agree.

    but, it is good t o see people open thier mind,
    and instead of answering "sophisticated" answeres on DSLR
    understand my question.

    your answer is exectly what I asked,
    I wonder what is the fuji stabilizer do then ?

    thanks

    Over G, May 1, 2007
  11. Over G

    Over G Guest

    On May 1, 5:19 am, <> wrote:
    > The Fuji S9100 doesn't have true IS, but does have Fuji's "Picture
    > Stabilization" mode, and it does meet the other criteria. Articulating
    > LCD, 10.7x optical zoom starting at 28mm. http://tinyurl.com/ysu5rh
    >
    > --
    > is Joshua Putnam
    > <http://www.phred.org/~josh/>
    > Updated Infrared Photography Gallery:
    > <http://www.phred.org/~josh/photo/ir.html>

    wonder what is the fuji stabilizer do then ?

    I read it push the ISo up,
    so it is not that a stabilizer,
    if you want to take a clear shot on sunny day with full zoom,
    I don't want the camera to add noise with the ISo..
    or I didn't udnerstand what it does correctly.

    Over G, May 1, 2007
  12. Over G wrote:
    []
    > wonder what is the fuji stabilizer do then ?
    >
    > I read it push the ISo up,
    > so it is not that a stabilizer,
    > if you want to take a clear shot on sunny day with full zoom,
    > I don't want the camera to add noise with the ISo..
    > or I didn't udnerstand what it does correctly.

    You understood perfectly. It is a company marketing an ISO boost as
    "image stabilisation", which it is clearly is not.

    Cameras such as the Panasonic and Canon have a true optical image
    stabilisation system, which works very well. The Panasonic have slightly
    better optics than the equivalent Canon cameras, and offer both smaller
    cameras (e.g. FZ5, FZ7, FZ8) and larger cameras with a flip-down LCD
    (FZ30, FZ50).

    Try some cameras in the store and see which suit you better.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, May 1, 2007
  13. Over G

    Over G Guest

    On May 1, 10:36 am, "David J Taylor" <-this-
    bit.nor-this-part.co.uk> wrote:
    > Over G wrote:
    >
    > []
    >
    > > wonder what is the fuji stabilizer do then ?

    > > I read it push the ISo up,
    > > so it is not that a stabilizer,
    > > if you want to take a clear shot on sunny day with full zoom,
    > > I don't want the camera to add noise with the ISo..
    > > or I didn't udnerstand what it does correctly.

    > You understood perfectly. It is a company marketing an ISO boost as
    > "image stabilisation", which it is clearly is not.
    >
    > Cameras such as the Panasonic and Canon have a true optical image
    > stabilisation system, which works very well. The Panasonic have slightly
    > better optics than the equivalent Canon cameras, and offer both smaller
    > cameras (e.g. FZ5, FZ7, FZ8) and larger cameras with a flip-down LCD
    > (FZ30, FZ50).
    >
    > Try some cameras in the store and see which suit you better.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    yes,
    well I think I will wait for the next Fuji, I love the Zoom ring on
    the lens, I like thier optics,
    and they have really good Iso.

    They offer much more then Canon,

    and 28MM
    is something very importent to me.

    so, I guess all I have to do is wait.. :(

    I wonder why all the other major company don't make a 28MM lens,
    they have the ability...

    and actually the fuji is almost perfect except the Stabilizer..

    I understand that with out the stabilizer, there is not much to talk
    on Big zoom...?

    Over G, May 1, 2007
  14. "Just D" <> wrote in message
    > "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    >>>2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    >>>3( LCD )turning around .
    >>>4(stabilizer.

    >> Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?

    > He'd better provide his Credit Card number right here in the NG to let us
    > make a choice and buy it for him... :)

    I think thats a really practical idea.

    3487298876 expiry 2/11/11

    Get me one too and no getting one for yourself now, you naughty minx.

    JB

    Jackson Bryan, May 1, 2007
  15. Over G wrote:
    []
    > I wonder why all the other major company don't make a 28MM lens,
    > they have the ability...

    Ricoh do, Olympus do:

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0701/07012507olympusp550uz.asp

    > and actually the fuji is almost perfect except the Stabilizer..
    >
    > I understand that with out the stabilizer, there is not much to talk
    > on Big zoom...?

    It depends - with a 500mm zoom if you use a tripod all the time, or if all
    your exposures are 1/500s or shorter (e.g. 1/1000s) you do not need image
    stabilisation. But if you want to work in poorer lighting, or you want to
    work with lower ISO settings, then you may find that exposures are in the
    range 1/50s .. 1/200s, and then the image stabilisation will allow you to
    still use the 400-500mm zoom hand-held. Equally, having IS may allow you
    to use exposures of 1/5s to 1/25s with the shorter focal lengths which can
    also be helpful.

    On the cameras I use, I have found the image stabilisation to be a great
    asset, but I don't take a tripod round with me.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, May 1, 2007
  16. Over G

    Over G Guest

    > []
    >
    > > I wonder why all the other major company don't make a 28MM lens,

    > asset, but I don't take a tripod round with me.

    I also don't want to hang with tripod ..

    so..
    I guess I will have to wait..

    the olympus 550 should have been a great option..
    but reading the Dpreview..
    I understand I should avoid it..

    Over G, May 1, 2007
  17. Over G

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:22:26 -0700, "Just D" <> wrote:
    : "Over G"
    : >> >1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    : >> >2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    : >> >3( LCD )turning around .
    : >> >4(stabilizer.
    : >>
    : >> Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?
    : >> --
    : >> Ed Ruf
    : >> ()http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html
    : >
    : > I mean suggestions,
    : >
    : > every thing I checked was not qualified..
    :
[...]

    You're a Jesuit; right?

    Robert Coe, May 2, 2007
  18. Over G

    Robert Coe Guest

    : Over G wrote:
    : > 1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    :
    : Any of the major camera manufactures has 28mm lenses
    :
    : > 2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    :
    : That's somewhat harder to find. Most people consider zooms with a factor of
    : 10 to be way too much of a compromise and rather carry 2 or 3 separate
    : lenses. Most major manufactures won't go beyond 7x or so.
    :
    : > 3( LCD )turning around .
    :
    : I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

    I think he means like the flip-out LCD on some Canons.

    Robert Coe, May 2, 2007
  19. Over G

    SMS Guest

    Over G wrote:
    > 1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    > 2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    > 3( LCD )turning around .
    > 4(stabilizer.
    >

    > thanks
    > :)

    Here you go:

    Canon S3 ("http://tinyurl.com/2ryp2j")
    Canon WC-DC58A Wide Converter Lens ("http://tinyurl.com/35ee53")
    Canon LAH-DC20 Lens Adapter ("http://tinyurl.com/2kw598")

    The articulating LCD feature is extremely useful. I didn't realize it
    until I got a camera without one, after using my Canon G2.

    Unfortunately, it's hard to get down to 28mm on many cameras without a
    lens adapter.

    SMS, May 2, 2007
  20. Over G

    <> wrote:
    > On 30 Apr 2007 15:19:44 -0700, in rec.photo.digital Over G
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber
    > >2( have azoom of 10 andmore.
    > >3( LCD )turning around .
    > >4(stabilizer.

    > Why don't you go search dpreview.com yourself?
    > --
    > Ed Ruf ()http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index.html

    I am sorry to bother you from your peaceful life,
    why you read news groups if you don't want to help people ?

    Over G, May 2, 2007