    must say this is quite steep! Anyone know of any cheaper options or any
    other information relating to this matter?

    Thanks
    news.cis.dfn.de, Feb 4, 2004

  2. news.cis.dfn.de

    EMB Guest

    "news.cis.dfn.de" <> wrote in message
    news:bvrnri$vlrh9$-berlin.de...
    > I have started contracting and am required to insure myself for

    Professional
    > Indemnity. Apparently all contractors have to do this. I've been quoted
    > figures of $2000- $3000+ (1 year) from a couple of different agencies. I
    > must say this is quite steep! Anyone know of any cheaper options or any
    > other information relating to this matter?
    >
    > Thanks

    Try emailing protection@insurerservices which is a NZ Company ....you work
    it out. They do my wife's and my PI insurance and have always been
    competitive.

    EMB
    EMB, Feb 4, 2004

  3. news.cis.dfn.de

    Chris Guest

    "news.cis.dfn.de" <> wrote in

    > I have started contracting and am required to insure myself for
    > Professional Indemnity. Apparently all contractors have to do this.
    > I've been quoted figures of $2000- $3000+ (1 year) from a couple of
    > different agencies. I must say this is quite steep! Anyone know of any
    > cheaper options or any other information relating to this matter?
    >
    > Thanks

    Try an insurance broker or 2 as other ppl have susgested, thats what I did.

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Feb 4, 2004
  4. In article <bvrnri$vlrh9$-berlin.de>, "news.cis.dfn.de" <> wrote:
    >I have started contracting and am required to insure myself for Professional
    >Indemnity. Apparently all contractors have to do this. I've been quoted
    >figures of $2000- $3000+ (1 year) from a couple of different agencies. I
    >must say this is quite steep! Anyone know of any cheaper options or any
    >other information relating to this matter?

    Try an insurance broker (or better, try 2 :) ) ... and there might be
    cheaper options available from the relevant professional association.

    HTH

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 4, 2004
  5. news.cis.dfn.de

    Alan Howard Guest

    Last quote I got was $1300/yr for $500k PI + $1M General Liability, or
    $1550/yr for $1M PI + $1M GL. $2000 excess in both cases. This was a Lumley
    policy through Aon.

    Alan

    Alan Howard, Feb 5, 2004