    zzjinvmh.exe

    thanks

    Gord

    this sucks, Jul 31, 2003

  2. this sucks

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:02:09 -0400, this sucks wrote:
    > there are a bunch of files in my windows/profiles directory and i don't
    > knowwhat they do but my comp has been doing some strange things lately and I
    > have to wonder if these are the cause. They are all exe files and there are
    > lots of them. Here is just one.

    Start running AV, trojan etc. scans

    > zzjinvmh.exe

    Online Scanning tools
    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://www.pandasoftware.es/activescan/activescan-com.asp
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp

    Anti-trojan
    Trojan Defence Suite: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/
    Trojan Hunter: http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp
    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/

    Anti-virus
    http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/
    http://www.tudogs.com/virus.php
    eZ Antivirus: http://www.my-etrust.com/

    Anti-spyware
    Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot S&D (because trout said so):
    http://security.kolla.de
    Mara says, "A-spy is handy, too."
    http://miika.no-ip.org/ftp/?C=M&O=A

    Firewall
    Outpost: http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/
    Sygate: http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf/spf_ov.htm
    Zone Alarm: http://www.zonelabs.com/
    Kerio: http://www.kerio.com/kpf_home.html
    Tiny: http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?pg=tpf4_overview

    Intrusion detection
    http://www.iss.net/support/consumer/BI_downloads.php

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    --
    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Jul 31, 2003

  3. this sucks

    Brian H¹© Guest

    this sucks said:

    > have done Norton antivius scan and adaware but came up empty...
    >
    > What is Spybot....never heard of it

    Similar sort of thing as Ad-Aware
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download

    Brian H¹©, Jul 31, 2003
  4. this sucks

    Unk Guest

    wrote:
    >there are a bunch of files in my windows/profiles directory and i don't
    >knowwhat they do but my comp has been doing some strange things lately and I
    >have to wonder if these are the cause. They are all exe files and there are
    >lots of them. Here is just one.
    >zzjinvmh.exe
    >
    >thanks
    >Gord

    Free online virus scanners

    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://security.norton.com/default.asp?langid=us&venid=sym
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp
    http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/onlineviruscheck.html
    http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    Anti-trojan software
    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au

    Spyware removers:
    Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/

    Spyware Blaster
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/spywareblaster.html

    After you install it, click "Online" and get the latest updates
    for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    Also see http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

    Unk

    Unk, Jul 31, 2003
  5. this sucks

    this sucks Guest

    Thanks to all for the tips....I will let you know if this does not work...or
    for that matter if it does.

    Thanks once again

    Gord

    this sucks, Jul 31, 2003
  6. this sucks

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > "this sucks" <> wrote in message
    >> there are a bunch of files in my windows/profiles directory and i don't
    >> knowwhat they do but my comp has been doing some strange things lately and I
    >> have to wonder if these are the cause. They are all exe files and there are
    >> lots of them. Here is just one.
    >>

    >> zzjinvmh.exe
    >>
    >> thanks

    > Why do know it alls always assume virus? It could be a phone dialer.

    Probably because he didn't say he has a program that keeps trying to dial up an
    internet connection, you moron.

    > In which case an AV scan won't detect it.

    No but he would have said he has a program that keeps trying to dial up an
    internet connection, you moron.

    > Run msconfig and check the startup tab for any unknown program.
    > In the INI tabs, check for any entries in the win.ini file in the windows
    > folder that would be under either the "run=" or "load=" entry. Nothing
    > should be listed after the = sign.
    > Run the regedit program and search for any item using one of the files as a
    > target.
    > If found, you can rename the folder or delete the entry.
    >
    > Constantly check your system with ctrl+alt+del and see what programs are
    > running at the time, specially when no other programs are operating.
    > That will give you a clue as to what program may be the culprit.
    > Since they're appearing on your desktop, you can probably go ahead and

    No, really?

    > delete the files.
    > If they continue to appear, you'll need to do a lot of detective work in
    > your system to see which program is creating the files.

    No, really?

    Brian H¹©, Aug 1, 2003