    See full encoded text in email body. Have changed security zone setting to
    no avail.

    Any suggestions please?

    Problem Corner, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Problem Corner

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Problem Corner said:

    > Using Outlook Express 6.00.260 as news reader am unable to view attachments.
    >
    > See full encoded text in email body. Have changed security zone setting to
    > no avail.
    >
    > Any suggestions please?

    Tools | Options | Security

    Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Problem Corner

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Brian H¹© said:

    > Errrrr...erm... Problem Corner said:
    >
    >> Using Outlook Express 6.00.260 as news reader am unable to view attachments.
    >>
    >> See full encoded text in email body. Have changed security zone setting to
    >> no avail.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions please?

    > Tools | Options | Security

    Unless you are talking about the files that need to be combined and decoded, you
    need to select all the parts first. Unless you are talking about yEnc, as far as
    OE is concerned, for those, you are SOOL.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003
  4. thanks Brian but no fix yet I'm afraid

    Been into Tools | Options | Security
    and unchecked blocking but Can't find "X-No-Archive:" and problem still
    exists :(

    Problem Corner, Jun 23, 2003
  5. Problem Corner

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Problem Corner said:

    > thanks Brian but no fix yet I'm afraid
    >
    > Been into Tools | Options | Security
    > and unchecked blocking but Can't find "X-No-Archive:" and problem still
    > exists :(

    X-No-Archive has nothing to do with your problem, check my second reply.

    Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003
  6. Problem Corner

    °Mike° Guest

    Courtesy of gangle.
    -------------------

    To assemble a multi-part post using Outlook Express,
    click part 1, then, while holding down the Ctrl key,
    click each of the remaining parts. When you have
    highlighted the last part, Right click and choose
    "Combine and Decode." Make sure all parts are in
    order in the window that pops up, then click "OK."
    When all parts have downloaded and been decoded,
    a window will appear with the File Icon in the
    bottom left corner (OE4) or in the "Attach"
    line (OE5 & 6). Right click on the icon, choose
    "save as" and, within the browser window that
    appears, choose "Desktop" as the place to initially
    save it. If you want to keep it, you can later CUT and
    PASTE it from Desktop to any folder you want.

    IMPORTANT NOTE: In OE4 it is possible to download
    a multi-part binary while simultaneously reading or
    posting to other NGs, or reading/sending email -- But:
    in the "upgraded" OE5 & 6, downloading a multi-part file
    makes the program UNUSABLE for most other functions
    while the process goes on; so, if you frequently want to
    download multi-part binary files, it's more practical
    to use a dedicated news reading and posting program,
    such as Agent ("Full" Agent @ $29 -- NOT Free Agent):
    http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.htm
    or Xnews (free):
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/
    or Gravity (free):
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/start1.html
    for downloading binaries.
    Also, for $35, there is Newsbin, which is strictly
    for downloading binaries:
    http://www.newsbin.com/ .
    You could still use OE5 or 6 as an email program
    and to view/post to text-only NGs, while using one of
    the above programs to retrieve binaries.

    Note: OE does not internally decode yEnc messages.
    You must use a third-party program to acheive this,
    the easiest being yProxy:
    http://www.brawnylads.com/software/

    Again, I suggest that, for binaries, it would be more
    practical to just switch to one of the dedicated newsreaders
    mentioned above, which all handle yEnc internally.

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:39:11 +0100, in
    <3ef73b2c$0$13011$>
    Problem Corner scrawled:

    --