    Please reply via e-mail to and post in
    case others could benefit from this query. (kindly remove the
    no_spam.)
    B.Gordon, Aug 4, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    B.Gordon <> wrote:
    :I have ACLs which need to point to DNS names as the IPs change
    :frequently. It is going to be a daunting to task to keep editing the
    :rules. Also, the NTP servers we use are best referenced via DNS.

    :Is there a way to make this work? I can't seem to find any way to
    :tell the PIX to query DNS for ACLs.

    This is not supported in any currently released PIX.

    I don't recall that it is supported in any currently released IOS
    either, but I don't keep up with IOS so closely.
    --
    Take care in opening this message: My grasp on reality may have shaken
    loose during transmission!
    Walter Roberson, Aug 4, 2004

  3. IOS will resolve hostname...

    eg logging host logger.com

    However, will only place IP in config :(

    Fatman Superstar, Aug 4, 2004