    if I put in a USB 2 port for it. I KNOW that but don't want to mess with
    changing my whole mother board right now, I can't afford a new computer.

    How can I get these annoying daily messages to stop?
    Anonymous, May 6, 2007

  2. Anonymous

    meerkat Guest

    "Anonymous" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a printer with USB 2 hooked up to the USB 1 port in my 5 yr old
    > computer and keep getting messages that "this device can perform faster"
    > if I put in a USB 2 port for it. I KNOW that but don't want to mess with
    > changing my whole mother board right now, I can't afford a new computer.
    >
    > How can I get these annoying daily messages to stop?

    If you`ve got a spare PCI slot in your machine, stick a
    USB2/PCI card in it, and plug your printer into that.
    Just one example here
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=176430
    meerkat, May 6, 2007

  3. Anonymous

    Plato Guest

    Anonymous wrote:

    > I have a printer with USB 2 hooked up to the USB 1 port in my 5 yr old
    > computer and keep getting messages that "this device can perform faster"
    > if I put in a USB 2 port for it. I KNOW that but don't want to mess with
    > changing my whole mother board right now, I can't afford a new computer.
    >
    > How can I get these annoying daily messages to stop?

    Just get a usb card they are all 2.0 now.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 6, 2007
  4. Anonymous

    Guest

    Anonymous <> wrote:

    >I have a printer with USB 2 hooked up to the USB 1 port in my 5 yr old
    >computer and keep getting messages that "this device can perform faster"
    >if I put in a USB 2 port for it. I KNOW that but don't want to mess with
    >changing my whole mother board right now, I can't afford a new computer.
    >
    >How can I get these annoying daily messages to stop?

    Download and run Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

    When you get the message PE will show the process in red, double click
    on it and read it's path.

    See what's displaying the message and if you can disable it.

    --
    Real Life - Send me an Angel
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qBlVYIbL97g
  5. Anonymous

    philo Guest

    "Anonymous" <> wrote in message
    > I have a printer with USB 2 hooked up to the USB 1 port in my 5 yr old
    > computer and keep getting messages that "this device can perform faster"
    > if I put in a USB 2 port for it. I KNOW that but don't want to mess with
    > changing my whole mother board right now, I can't afford a new computer.
    >
    > How can I get these annoying daily messages to stop?

    You do not have to replace your motherboard to get USB2

    an inexpensive PCI board will do the trick....probably about $15

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815102202&ATT=15-102-202&CMP=OTC-Froogle

    philo, May 6, 2007
  6. Open Device Manager and browse to "Universal Serial Bus Controller", expand
    it.
    Expand your controller entries (there may be more than one).
    In the "Advanced" tab check "Don't tell me about USB Errors"

    Jack B. Pollack, May 7, 2007
  7. Anonymous

    Frosty Guest

    Sounds like a subject line for some bad spam.

    Now you can perform faster! AND have a shorter cock!
    Frosty, May 7, 2007