    try to save a picture, it defaults to bitmaps and there are no other options
    for .jpg's or any other file types. Surely there's an easy fix. Any
    suggestions?
    Malcolm Function, May 3, 2004

  2. "Malcolm Function" <> wrote in message
    > Recently I lost the ability to save pictures of the web as jpg's. Whenever

    > try to save a picture, it defaults to bitmaps and there are no other

    options
    > for .jpg's or any other file types. Surely there's an easy fix. Any
    > suggestions?

    Clear your browser cache
    Tools-internet options-under the temporary internet files section, click
    delete files-put a tick in delete all offline content-click ok
    Exit your browser then open it again and see if u can save as a jpeg again

    HTH

    Gaz
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 3, 2004

  3. "Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <> wrote in message

    > "Malcolm Function" <> wrote in message
    > > Recently I lost the ability to save pictures of the web as jpg's.

    Whenever
    > > try to save a picture, it defaults to bitmaps and there are no other

    > options
    > > for .jpg's or any other file types. Surely there's an easy fix. Any
    > > suggestions?
    > >

    > Clear your browser cache
    > Tools-internet options-under the temporary internet files section, click
    > delete files-put a tick in delete all offline content-click ok
    > Exit your browser then open it again and see if u can save as a jpeg again

    Well I'll be - it worked! Thanks.
    Malcolm Function, May 3, 2004
  4. Malcolm Function

    Steve Guest

    > Recently I lost the ability to save pictures of the web as jpg's.

    Whenever I

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650
    Steve, May 3, 2004
  5. Malcolm Function

    SgtMinor Guest

    Is this you?

    Domain Name: FUNCTION.COM

    Registrant:
    Function Engineering (FUNCTION-DOM)
    635 High Street
    Palo Alto, CA 94301
    US

    If not, take a look here for some ideas on a proper address 'munge:'

    SgtMinor, May 3, 2004
  6. Malcolm Function

    Richard Guest

    How do you know it's not?
    Lots of people own domain names.
    Some of those domains also allow others to use their e-mail services.
    I own two myself.
    Unless you know for a fact the person is forging a domain name, don't be
    makin false accusations like that.

    Richard, May 3, 2004
  7. Malcolm Function

    SgtMinor Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > How do you know it's not?

    I don't. That's why I asked. What do you think chances are that
    someone posting from Australia owns an engineering firm in California,
    or has an OK from them to use their domain?

    > Lots of people own domain names.
    > Some of those domains also allow others to use their e-mail services.
    > I own two myself.

    Wow!

    > Unless you know for a fact the person is forging a domain name, don't be
    > makin false accusations like that.

    Where did you find a false accusation in my post?

    SgtMinor, May 3, 2004
  8. Richard wrote:
    > How do you know it's not?
    > Lots of people own domain names.
    > Some of those domains also allow others to use their e-mail services.
    > I own two myself.
    > Unless you know for a fact the person is forging a domain name, don't be
    > makin false accusations like that.

    Oh, come on! I think sarge asked very politely if it was
    correct and made a helpful suggestion if it wasn't. The only
    false accusation was yours. And querying anyone who appears
    to be using an unauthorised address is helpful. It could
    save someone losing their account. Querying isn't the same
    thing as accusing, "Where have you been?" is different from,
    "You have been down the pub drinking with your mates, again,
    haven't you?" - Thank heavens....

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 3, 2004