    the network is fine.

    really bad time, I have GCSEs next week, could do with being able to
    access a little more than google :p

    Julia, May 30, 2007

  2. Julia

    Richard Guest

    "Julia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Problem started about 3 hours ago, whilst surfing the net- opened a
    > website that I use regularly and it only half loaded, from then on
    > (with the exception of a brief period where there was one website I
    > could access) I have only been able to visit Google related websites.
    >
    > A little later on my MSN messenger access detiriorated, now I can't
    > log on at all.
    >
    > I have absolutely no idea what the problem is- the other computer on
    > the network is fine.
    >
    > really bad time, I have GCSEs next week, could do with being able to
    > access a little more than google :p

    Perhaps obvious, have you re-booted your computer?
    --
    Richard Woollacott
    Please look at http://www.sri-lanka.org.uk

    Richard, May 30, 2007

  3. Julia

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 30 May 2007 09:08:47 -0700, Julia
    <> wrote:

    >Problem started about 3 hours ago, whilst surfing the net- opened a
    >website that I use regularly and it only half loaded, from then on
    >(with the exception of a brief period where there was one website I
    >could access) I have only been able to visit Google related websites.
    >
    >A little later on my MSN messenger access detiriorated, now I can't
    >log on at all.
    >
    >I have absolutely no idea what the problem is- the other computer on
    >the network is fine.
    >
    >really bad time, I have GCSEs next week, could do with being able to
    >access a little more than google :p

    As Richard said, reboot.

    But what is a Google related website?

    Evan Platt, May 30, 2007
  4. Julia

    Julia Guest

    Yes, I have rebooted. I've tried three different browsers (tend to use
    Opera, have tried IE and Firefox) also.

    Google related website- I can perform any search, I can obviously use
    google groups, my mail client is receiving my gmail account emails but
    not my hotmail account, I can access froogle, youtube, myspace even...
    Google websites.

    Julia, May 30, 2007
  5. Julia

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 30 May 2007 10:00:38 -0700, Julia
    <> wrote:

    >Yes, I have rebooted. I've tried three different browsers (tend to use
    >Opera, have tried IE and Firefox) also.

    Ok, what's the error message?

    >Google related website- I can perform any search, I can obviously use
    >google groups, my mail client is receiving my gmail account emails but
    >not my hotmail account,

    What error message do you get trying to get your hotmail?

    >I can access froogle, youtube, myspace even...
    >Google websites.

    try http://66.135.192.124 .

    Evan

    Evan Platt, May 30, 2007
  6. Julia

    Guest

    On 30 mai, 18:08, Julia <> wrote:
    > Problem started about 3 hours ago, whilst surfing the net- opened a
    > website that I use regularly and it only half loaded, from then on
    > (with the exception of a brief period where there was one website I
    > could access) I have only been able to visit Google related websites.
    >
    > A little later on my MSN messenger access detiriorated, now I can't
    > log on at all.
    >
    > I have absolutely no idea what the problem is- the other computer on
    > the network is fine.
    >
    > really bad time, I have GCSEs next week, could do with being able to
    > access a little more than google :p

    I had same problem here, nothing was reachable except all google
    sites. We solved it using tcp optimizer, and setting MTU size to 1492.

    , Jun 2, 2007