    Thanks,

    Dave C.
    , Mar 23, 2014

  2. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > I installed Print Shop Essentials 15 on my Win8 computer and it did not run very well.
    >
    > When I tried to uninstall it, there is no listing in in the uninstall program and there
    > is no uninstall in the Broderbund directory. I also use "My Uninstall" program and also
    > no uninstall program.
    >
    > Although I could keep it and not use it, it would be nice to clean it up.
    >
    > I am surprised that Broderbund left that out.
    >
    > Any ideas as to how to get rid of it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave C.

    Check the reviews. Wow!

    http://download.cnet.com/The-Print-Shop-Essentials/3000-6675_4-10443717.html

    Version 15 is from the WinXP era. And early .NET.
    You'd probably want to do "properties" on the installed
    executable, and select WinXP compatibility. Apparently, this
    product interacts with a web server running on your own
    computer (IIS). Or at least, has that option.

    http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=39530

    The program is huge, so you wouldn't exactly expect it to be
    a sparkling example of compatibility. It it tries to "touch" every
    subsystem on the computer, there are things that are bound to be
    broken.

    *******

    In your current mess, you would reinstall it. To put all the
    pieces back, that might enable a clean uninstallation. There
    are tools such as Revo Uninstaller, which might be used.

    I hope you have a backup of that OS, or set a System Restore
    point. Perhaps using a Restore Point and going back in time to a
    time before the installation, will remove all of it.

    Paul
    Paul, Mar 23, 2014

  3. Guest

    On Saturday, March 22, 2014 10:28:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
    > I installed Print Shop Essentials 15 on my Win8 computer and it did not run very well.
    >

    > When I tried to uninstall it, there is no listing in in the uninstall program and there is no uninstall in the Broderbund directory. I also use "My Uninstall" program and also no uninstall program.
    >

    > Although I could keep it and not use it, it would be nice to clean it up.
    >

    > I am surprised that Broderbund left that out.
    >

    > Any ideas as to how to get rid of it?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Dave C.

    Thanks, Paul, I am going to download Revo Uninstaller and also keep it for future use if needed.

    Regards,
    Dave C.
    , Mar 23, 2014