can not turn off rss feeds in outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by example@example.com, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. Guest

    First of all let me be clear I thought I got rid of the Microsoft at
    Home and Microsoft at Work rss feeds but I guess I didn't.

    Running Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2.

    However, I *did* remove the rss feed subfolders from under the main
    RSS Feeds folder in Outlook.

    The problem is now I keep getting new rss feed messages in the main
    RSS Feeds folder (I can tell because the number of unread messages is
    shown, currently [4]) but I can't delete them or read them because
    there aren't any subfolders to open. So I see messages are there but
    there is no way to get to them.

    This annoys me.

    Is there a way to either get back to the default settings or just get
    rid of this RSS stuff from Outlook?

    I'd rather use an external RSS feed reader.

    Thanks.

    CB
    , Jan 16, 2008