Can not see shared network folders when using wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by sean.brennan81@googlemail.com, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I am having a problem seeing my network shared folders when I use my
    laptops wireless connection. I have recently set up a home network
    with a desktop, a laptop and a belkin adsl wireless router. At first
    I struggled getting the network to work but have solved this by adding
    an allowed IP range to Norton firewall. I have now got to a stage
    where when the laptop and desktop are ethanet connected to the router
    the internet runs through the adsl router on both and they can both
    see each other and the any shared folders. However when I disconnect
    the laptop from the ethanet connection to the router the laptop can
    connect to the wireless router and connect to the internet but it can
    not connect to desktop and shared folders.

    I am using norton on both computers, and am using WEP security on the
    wireless.

    Can anybody please help me on why I cannot connect to the network
    through the wireless connection.

    Cheers
    , Feb 6, 2007

  2. Hi

    When you switch to Wireless the computer is assigned with a different IP
    address. Make sure that Norton's Trusted zone allows the new IP too.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 6, 2007

  3. Guest

    It was as simple as that. Norton hadn't learnt the wireless IP
    address. All working now. Cheers
    , Feb 6, 2007