can not save running-config to startup-config.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AM, Nov 10, 2005.

  1. AM

    AM Guest

    I have a router 837. It runs 12.4(2)T.
    I've got a strange problem.

    When I enable by remote NAT feature on ethernet0 and dialer 0 I get this error message

    %Malloc fail re_allocate_memory ../inspect/re_regexp.c 141

    % PDL Error : Failed to compile regexp
    File : rtsp.pdl
    Line : 113
    : (regexp store insensitive
    ^^^^^^^

    % NBAR Error : Activation failed due to insufficient dynamic memory
    % NBAR ERROR: due to memory problem, parsing stopped
    % NBAR Error : Activation failed due to insufficient dynamic memory

    From that point on I can not see running-config any more and I can not save it as well:it said "not
    enough space on the device". Moreover, even if I couldn't see the startup-config I did configure
    line vty 0 4 to match username and password against local database, I did specify the method wanted
    and also a local password (never used by "login local" method) but the only thing obtained at the
    next boot was "login". I found it out being 1000 miles far from the router :-(

    So I looked for NBAR but it didn't help me. I had a look to system filesystem and I saw which files
    are stored on it but I wasn't able to see the size. Moreover is there a way to delete some file not
    really needed to have more space on file system "system"? The problem is there because I can do the
    command "more" over whichever file I want (startup-configon NVRAM, the IOS too on flash !) but
    running-config.

    Alex.

    AM, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Save your config file either on the network (TFTP server), or just do "show
    run" and copy/paste your screens into the text file, and then reboot your
    router. The problem should go away, but you should think about upgrading
    your router's IOS.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

    CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com, Nov 13, 2005

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com wrote:
    > Save your config file either on the network (TFTP server), or just do "show
    > run" and copy/paste your screens into the text file, and then reboot your
    > router. The problem should go away, but you should think about upgrading
    > your router's IOS.

    The command "sh run" shows nothing. It simply goes to new line. Because of insufficient memory it can not do anything

    > Good luck,

    I need a lot. Bl...y IOS! 4 to be updated remotely.
    I don't have strength to open a TAC just to tell Cisco you was wrong with that IOS (Version 12.4(2)T).

    Alex

    AM, Nov 14, 2005