Can not record movies off comcast digital

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by amstore@webtv.net, Sep 16, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I bought a Magnavox vhs+dvd recorder
    Model #ZV427MG9 mainly to transfer vhs tapes and old 8mm films to dvds.

    I also wanted to record movies off of comcast digital cable. Channels
    like Encore, Hallmark, Sundance, Retro, Flix,and even pay per view.

    The dvd recorder will not record them. I get a message saying not
    recordable in +vr mode. And E45 is in the corner of the screen. I know
    if you buy movies on tape or dvd they have copy guard so you can't
    record them. But on tv?

    My brother said he can record movies on his dvd recorder, it has a dvr
    attached to it.

    Does anybody have a dvd recorder and are able to record movies? Please
    let me know the brand. I've called Magnavox and they are no help at all.
    One girl told me maybe I got a bad batch of dvds. I got another
    brand,and they didn't work. I called again and a guy said it was copy
    guard. I e-mailed them two times,I got two ticket # but no reply.

    Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.

    AL
    , Sep 16, 2008

  2. Jim Reid Guest

    I haven't tried recording direct from my AT&T Uverse box yet. But I
    have recorded on the DVR and then dubbed it to a DVD recorder. If you
    hook up any other kind of cable to the DVR while the HDMI cable is
    still hooked up, it gives you a full screen warning on all out puts,
    ruining your recording. You have to unhook the HDMI cable.
    Jim Reid, Sep 16, 2008