    Hello,
    Can not ping DNS server (of another Autonomous System) although it is in my routing table (Cisco 3800). Server is located after six AS's. Under GRX (GPRS Routing Exchange) that operates this DNS server locates also other servers that are pingable and also are in routing table.
    Thanx

    tutik, Nov 15, 2006

  2. tutik

    mak007

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    it is very common for organizations/providers to block ping (icmp) to certain servers to avoid DoS attacks.

    Have you tried to ping the same server/ip address from another network?

    mak007, Nov 15, 2006

  3. tutik

    tutik

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Yes, I have tried to ping from another network and result is the same.

    Maybe, You are right about ICMP-request blocking. Thanks

    tutik, Nov 15, 2006