    on something in
    Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my computer
    either.

    Zap Eagle, Jul 2, 2009

  2. Zap Eagle

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 21:55:10 GMT, "Zap Eagle" <>
    wrote:

    >Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but can
    >not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    >the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do. This
    >all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was working
    >on something in
    >Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my computer
    >either.

    Reboot?

    Try different mouse?

    Evan Platt, Jul 2, 2009

  3. Zap Eagle

    VanguardLH Guest

    Zap Eagle wrote:

    > Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but can
    > not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    > the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do. This
    > all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was working
    > on something in
    > Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my computer
    > either.

    Have you gone into the Mouse applet (Control Panel) to see how the mouse
    buttons are defined (for what actions they perform)?

    If a cordless mouse, have you tried replacing/recharging the batteries?

    VanguardLH, Jul 3, 2009
  4. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > Zap Eagle wrote:
    >
    >> Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but
    >> can
    >> not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    >> the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do.
    >> This
    >> all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was
    >> working
    >> on something in
    >> Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my
    >> computer
    >> either.

    > Have you gone into the Mouse applet (Control Panel) to see how the mouse
    > buttons are defined (for what actions they perform)?
    >
    > If a cordless mouse, have you tried replacing/recharging the batteries?

    Yes to both of your questions, I have tried three mice, two microsoft one
    logitech. I have been under mouse under control panel to no avial.

    Zap Eagle, Jul 3, 2009
  5. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message

    > "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >> Zap Eagle wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but
    >>> can
    >>> not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    >>> the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do.
    >>> This
    >>> all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was
    >>> working
    >>> on something in
    >>> Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my
    >>> computer
    >>> either.

    >> Have you gone into the Mouse applet (Control Panel) to see how the mouse
    >> buttons are defined (for what actions they perform)?
    >>
    >> If a cordless mouse, have you tried replacing/recharging the batteries?

    > Yes to both of your questions, I have tried three mice, two microsoft one
    > logitech. I have been under mouse under control panel to no avial.

    mouse does work on the laptop ok, not the desktop computer

    Zap Eagle, Jul 3, 2009
  6. Zap Eagle

    VanguardLH Guest

    Zap Eagle wrote:

    > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have you gone into the Mouse applet (Control Panel) to see how the mouse
    >>> buttons are defined (for what actions they perform)?
    >>>
    >>> If a cordless mouse, have you tried replacing/recharging the batteries?

    >> Yes to both of your questions, I have tried three mice, two microsoft one
    >> logitech. I have been under mouse under control panel to no avial.
    >>

    > mouse does work on the laptop ok, not the desktop computer

    You could try switching from USB to the PS/2 port to see if the mouse
    starts working.

    Since it happened shortly ago, and if you didn't install any software,
    how about trying a System Restore?

    VanguardLH, Jul 3, 2009
  7. Zap Eagle

    doS Guest

    restore back to before it happened

    doS, Jul 3, 2009
  8. Zap Eagle

    sandy58 Guest

    On Jul 3, 3:10 am, "The Real Truth MVP" <> wrote:
    > Cut and paste everything between the lines below, paste it into note pad.
    > Save the file as dragfix.reg and save it to the desktop. Make sure you
    > change the drop down box next to save as type: to all files. Once saved
    > double click on the file to merge it into the registry. Reboot.
    >
    >                                             Begin cut below this line
    > *************************************************************************************************************************
    > Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    >
    > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    > "Start_EnableDragDrop"=dword:00000001
    >
    > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    > "NoChangeStartMenu"=dword:00000000
    >
    > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    > Settings\Zones\4]
    > "180D"=dword:00000000
    >
    > **************************************************************************************************************************
    >                                                  End cut above this line
    >
    > --
    > The Real Truthhttp://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
    > *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
    > They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste
    > your time.
    > David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
    >
    > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message

    > > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message

    > >> "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message

    > >> Yes to both of your questions, I have tried three mice, two microsoft one
    > >> logitech.  I have been under mouse under control panel to no avial.

    > > mouse does work on the laptop ok, not the desktop computer

    Thanks for the handy tip, The Real Truth MVP.

    sandy58, Jul 3, 2009
  9. Zap Eagle

    Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:

    >Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but can
    >not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    >the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do. This
    >all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was working
    >on something in
    >Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my computer
    >either.

    Reboot.

    --

    Looking for a bulk file Renamer?
    http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

    , Jul 3, 2009
  10. Zap Eagle

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
    > They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste
    > your time.

    I see that you're still stalking myself and others in your every Usenet
    post Chris - don't you think that showing your lack of ethics, your
    dishonesty, your outright breaking of the law to those all over Usenet
    makes you look worse with every post you make?

    Trust yourself.
    (remove 999 for proper email address)

    Leythos, Jul 3, 2009
  11. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message
    > Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but
    > can not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    > the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do.
    > This all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was
    > working on something in
    > Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my computer
    > either.

    What I did last night was to attempt removing the driver in device manager
    and the computer froze up. I had
    to hard shut down and attempted to remove driver again and froze up the
    computer once again. After a hard
    shut down again, I entered safe mode and attempted to remove the driver
    again and computer once again froze
    up in safe mode. After waiting for about 10 minutes I did a hard shut down
    agian and when computer did get
    back in the mouse started working. I grateful for all the help and ideas
    that were offered and one of them may
    have accomplished what I wanted. I will not know for sure because of my
    attempts above.

    Even though it is working now, why would removing a mouse driver cause the
    computer to lock up? Incidently,
    I neglected to indicate that the mouse was a microsoft mouse USB/ps2 and I
    was using the ps2 side of it. The
    other mice I tried were USB solely and did not function. Anyway, enough of
    the lenghty rambling, I am glad it's
    working for the time being and Thank You all for your assistance.

    Zap Eagle, Jul 3, 2009
  12. Zap Eagle

    VanguardLH Guest

    Zap Eagle wrote:

    > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message
    >> Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but
    >> can not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    >> the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do.
    >> This all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was
    >> working on something in
    >> Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my computer
    >> either.

    > What I did last night was to attempt removing the driver in device manager
    > and the computer froze up. I had
    > to hard shut down and attempted to remove driver again and froze up the
    > computer once again. After a hard
    > shut down again, I entered safe mode and attempted to remove the driver
    > again and computer once again froze
    > up in safe mode. After waiting for about 10 minutes I did a hard shut down
    > agian and when computer did get
    > back in the mouse started working. I grateful for all the help and ideas
    > that were offered and one of them may
    > have accomplished what I wanted. I will not know for sure because of my
    > attempts above.
    >
    > Even though it is working now, why would removing a mouse driver cause the
    > computer to lock up? Incidently,
    > I neglected to indicate that the mouse was a microsoft mouse USB/ps2 and I
    > was using the ps2 side of it. The
    > other mice I tried were USB solely and did not function. Anyway, enough of
    > the lenghty rambling, I am glad it's
    > working for the time being and Thank You all for your assistance.

    The computer did not freeze up. You removed the mouse driver. Well,
    that means you no longer have a mouse to use in the graphical user
    interface. You need to learn how to use the keyboard to navigate to
    different windows, select different objects, select different icons, and
    so on.

    VanguardLH, Jul 3, 2009
  13. Zap Eagle

    > Zap Eagle wrote:
    >
    >> "Zap Eagle" <> wrote in message
    >>> Can not grab anything with left click of mouse. I can draw with is but
    >>> can not drag folders etc. In Corel Draw I can not drag
    >>> the image to a different part of the page like I could normal also do.
    >>> This all of a sudden start doing that about a half hour ago while I was
    >>> working on something in
    >>> Corel, but I can not drag folders from on folder to another in my
    >>> computer
    >>> either.

    >> What I did last night was to attempt removing the driver in device
    >> manager
    >> and the computer froze up. I had
    >> to hard shut down and attempted to remove driver again and froze up the
    >> computer once again. After a hard
    >> shut down again, I entered safe mode and attempted to remove the driver
    >> again and computer once again froze
    >> up in safe mode. After waiting for about 10 minutes I did a hard shut
    >> down
    >> agian and when computer did get
    >> back in the mouse started working. I grateful for all the help and ideas
    >> that were offered and one of them may
    >> have accomplished what I wanted. I will not know for sure because of my
    >> attempts above.
    >>
    >> Even though it is working now, why would removing a mouse driver cause
    >> the
    >> computer to lock up? Incidently,
    >> I neglected to indicate that the mouse was a microsoft mouse USB/ps2 and
    >> was using the ps2 side of it. The
    >> other mice I tried were USB solely and did not function. Anyway, enough
    >> of
    >> the lenghty rambling, I am glad it's
    >> working for the time being and Thank You all for your assistance.

    > The computer did not freeze up. You removed the mouse driver. Well,
    > that means you no longer have a mouse to use in the graphical user
    > interface. You need to learn how to use the keyboard to navigate to
    > different windows, select different objects, select different icons, and
    > so on.

    The computer did freeze up! The mouse was the only thing that would move.
    The tab key, ctrl-alt-del keys and any other combination of keys
    would not function. Even though I appreciatte all the input from you all.
    You should state emperically "he computer did not freeze up." Unless
    you have all the facts to contribute an accurate opinion.

    Zap Eagle, Jul 4, 2009
  14. Zap Eagle

    VanguardLH Guest

    Zap Eagle wrote:

    > You should state emperically "he computer did not freeze up." Unless
    > you have all the facts to contribute an accurate opinion.

    Conclusions are based only on what evidence YOU provide and which was in
    its entirety "the computer froze up." Yes, I could have added
    "probably" to my analysis but it wouldn't have changed the analysis
    which was based on the dearth of evidence.

    My guess (see, I'm saying guessing instead of making a declaration) is
    that the driver uninstall was incomplete but then it was also unclear
    exactly how you uninstalled the driver since often other extension
    software is included in mouse installations. If (yep, a conditional)
    the driver uninstall had been incomplete then the "freeze" is possible.
    When that happens, sometimes it helps to reboot into Windows' Safe Mode
    which allows the uninstall to complete or somehow unhangs the lingering
    partial uninstall. Then reboot back into normal mode to see if the
    problem was eliminated.

    VanguardLH, Jul 4, 2009