    disk1 or 2 to get this file?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Richard

    ANPING LIU, Apr 29, 2006

  2. Hi:
    Don't know which Windows version you have.
    Let's assume it is Windows XP.
    Open a blank file with notepad.
    Paste the following data into it:
    [Source Media Descriptions]
    1 = "Windows Whistler Professional CD-ROM" , TAGFILE = cdrom_ip.5

    [Signature]
    FileType = MICROSOFT_FILE

    [GetSignature]
    read-syms Signature
    return $(FileType)

    [Installable.Drivers]
    cdaudio = 1:MCICDA.DLL, "CDAudio", "(MCI) CD Audio",,
    imaadpcm = 1:IMAADP32.ACM,"MSACM.imaadpcm", "IMA ADPCM Audio CODEC",,
    Indeo = 1:IR32_32.DLL, "VIDC.IV32, VIDC.IV31", "Indeo codec by Intel",,
    mciavi = 1:MCIAVI32.DLL, "AVIVideo", "(MCI) Microsoft Video for
    Windows",,,msvidc
    midimapper = 1:MIDIMAP.DLL, "MidiMapper", "MIDI Mapper",,
    mmdrv = 1:MMDRV.DLL, "Wave,MIDI,Aux", "Low level Wave, MIDI and AUX support"
    msadpcm = 1:MSADP32.ACM,"MSACM.msadpcm", "Microsoft ADPCM Audio CODEC",,
    msg711 = 1:MSG711.ACM,"MSACM.msg711", "Microsoft CCITT G.711 Audio CODEC",,
    msgsm610 = 1:MSGSM32.ACM,"MSACM.msgsm610", "Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio CODEC",,
    msvidc = 1:MSVIDC32.DLL, "VIDC.MSVC", "Microsoft Video 1",,,
    sequencer = 1:MCISEQ.DLL, "Sequencer", "(MCI) Midi Sequencer",,
    trspch = 1:TSSOFT32.ACM,"MSACM.trspch", "DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio
    CODEC",,
    VIDC.CVID = 1:ICCVID.DLL, "VIDC.CVID", "Cinepak Codec by Radius Inc.",,
    VIDC.MRLE = 1:MSRLE32.DLL, "VIDC.MRLE", "Microsoft RLE Codec",,
    wave = 1:MCIWAVE.DLL, "WaveAudio", "(MCI) Sound",, "4"
    wavemapper = 1:MSACM32.DRV, "WaveMapper", "Microsoft Audio Compression
    Manager",,

    [mciavi]
    1:MSVFW32.DLL

    [midimapper]
    1:MIDIMAP.CFG

    [WaveMapper]
    1:MSACM.DLL
    1:MSACM32.DLL

    Save it as "mmdriver.inf" into the system32 folder
    Try again and see if that solvers your problem.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 2, 2006

  3. ANPING LIU

    Hitman

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I was having the same problem. I followed Carlos' instructions and it worked!

    Thanks Carlos!

    Hitman, Dec 6, 2008
  4. ANPING LIU

    Earthlights

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I was having the same problem also, and this worked brilliantly. Thanks again Carlos, you rock!

    Earthlights, Dec 15, 2010