Can Not delete two files no matter what

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zap Eagle, Feb 14, 2008.

  1. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
    suggestions as to how to
    accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
    ownership of your folders
    everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
    the error, and under that
    is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
    and were created apparently
    over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
    my computer, it is
    driving me crazy to figure this out.
    I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
    themselves.

    Folder now named Z----
    Subfolder named K

    Error Deleting File or Folder

    X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.

    These are the names of the files I can't delete.

    Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
    1/22/2007 7:24 PM

    FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
    1/23/2007 1:44 PM
    Zap Eagle, Feb 14, 2008

  2. Zap Eagle

    Big Cat Guest

    Zap Eagle wrote:
    > I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
    > suggestions as to how to
    > accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
    > ownership of your folders
    > everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
    > the error, and under that
    > is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
    > and were created apparently
    > over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
    > my computer, it is
    > driving me crazy to figure this out.
    > I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
    > themselves.
    >
    > Folder now named Z----
    > Subfolder named K
    >

    > Error Deleting File or Folder
    >
    > X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
    >

    > These are the names of the files I can't delete.
    >
    > Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
    > 1/22/2007 7:24 PM
    >
    > FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
    > 1/23/2007 1:44 PM

    Have also experienced similar problem. Have you tried booting up in safe
    mode and going into Command Prompt to delete the folders?
    Big Cat, Feb 14, 2008

  3. Zap Eagle

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:30:36 GMT, "Zap Eagle" <>
    wrote:

    >I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
    >suggestions as to how to
    >accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
    >ownership of your folders
    >everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
    >the error, and under that
    >is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
    >and were created apparently
    >over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
    >my computer, it is
    >driving me crazy to figure this out.
    >I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
    >themselves.
    >
    >Folder now named Z----
    > Subfolder named K
    >

    >Error Deleting File or Folder
    >
    > X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
    >

    >These are the names of the files I can't delete.
    >
    >Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
    >1/22/2007 7:24 PM
    >
    >FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
    >1/23/2007 1:44 PM

    Open a dos command prompt, move to folder and delete that way.
    Looks like you might have, or had, a virus.
    richard, Feb 14, 2008
  4. Zap Eagle

    Guest

    "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:

    >Folder now named Z----
    > Subfolder named K
    >

    >Error Deleting File or Folder
    >
    > X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
    >

    >These are the names of the files I can't delete.
    >
    >Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
    >1/22/2007 7:24 PM
    >
    >FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
    >1/23/2007 1:44 PM

    I can see the problem, I'd hate to have someone find those files on my
    computer 0K or not.

    Use Unlocker, if you appreciate the service make a donation.
    http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

    --

    Dimwits
    http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=451653
  5. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "Zap Eagle" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Folder now named Z----
    >> Subfolder named K
    >>

    >>Error Deleting File or Folder
    >>
    >> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or
    >> disk.
    >>

    >>These are the names of the files I can't delete.
    >>
    >>Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
    >>1/22/2007 7:24 PM
    >>
    >>FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
    >>1/23/2007 1:44 PM

    > I can see the problem, I'd hate to have someone find those files on my
    > computer 0K or not.
    >
    > Use Unlocker, if you appreciate the service make a donation.
    > http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
    >

    > --
    >
    > Dimwits
    > http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=451653

    Pennywise,
    The unlocker did the trick, I tried other so called deleters and they did
    not work.
    This one worked great and instantly.
    Thanks again.
    Zap Eagle, Feb 14, 2008
  6. Zap Eagle

    wrote:

    >I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
    >suggestions as to how to
    >accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
    >ownership of your folders
    >everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below is
    >the error, and under that
    >is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
    >and were created apparently
    >over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc on
    >my computer, it is
    >driving me crazy to figure this out.
    >I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the filenames
    >themselves.
    >
    >Folder now named Z----
    > Subfolder named K
    >

    >Error Deleting File or Folder
    >
    > X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
    >

    >These are the names of the files I can't delete.
    >
    >Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
    >1/22/2007 7:24 PM
    >
    >FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
    >1/23/2007 1:44 PM

    I was just wondering. What if you opened the file in say "notepad",
    and gave it content?
    Would the error message still come up?
    richard, Feb 14, 2008
  7. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:30:36 GMT, "Zap Eagle" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have tried everything to delete the two files below. I recieved some
    >>suggestions as to how to
    >>accomplish the deleteing of these files. I have done chkdsk, taking
    >>ownership of your folders
    >>everything else that was suggested. still can't get rid of them. Below
    >>is
    >>the error, and under that
    >>is the name of the two files. The files have no extensions, 0 kb in size
    >>and were created apparently
    >>over a year ago. Even though they don't appear to be creating any havoc
    >>on
    >>my computer, it is
    >>driving me crazy to figure this out.
    >>I am able to rename the Folders that these are under, but not the
    >>filenames
    >>themselves.
    >>
    >>Folder now named Z----
    >> Subfolder named K
    >>

    >>Error Deleting File or Folder
    >>
    >> X Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or
    >> disk.
    >>

    >>These are the names of the files I can't delete.
    >>
    >>Fwd_ FW_ Were You Cool In High School...take the test and see... 0kb
    >>1/22/2007 7:24 PM
    >>
    >>FW_ Rush Limbaugh..... Okb
    >>1/23/2007 1:44 PM
    >>

    > I was just wondering. What if you opened the file in say "notepad",
    > and gave it content?
    > Would the error message still come up?

    Yes it did when I attempted that in Notepad
    Zap Eagle, Feb 15, 2008
  8. Zap Eagle

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Feb 15, 2008
  9. Zap Eagle

    roadhardd

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Pennywise was right!

    OMG. I have been fighting with a few files for quite a while without success. Within minutes of reading about Unlocker, I had it d'loaded, installed, and problems solved. Highly recommend!
    roadhardd, Nov 29, 2008
  10. Zap Eagle

    marriealen

    Joined: