    mode.
    OS is Wind.XP Pro,
    Thanks
    Fred J, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Fred J

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in
    news:6Gu%c.14851$:

    > My friend can not connect to the Internet (cable connection), he
    > checked with the provider
    > and they told him from their side is all O.K. I checked with him the
    > Network connection in the
    > Control Panel, the connection status is :connected, the time is
    > clicking activity= sent pockets:4,151 received:0,
    > where should we look for the problem to fix it?
    > When we boot the computer Norton message will pop up" Symantec E-mail
    > proxy can not scan
    > your E-mail messages because you Network is not properly configured.
    > Tried System Restore can not get back to previous month same in
    > Safety mode.
    > OS is Wind.XP Pro,
    > Thanks

    What IP is the machine getting when IPCONFIG /ALL is entered at the DOS
    Command Prompt?

    NIC(s) do become defective and not work anymore.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Fred J

    Jerry G. Guest

    Has he installed any types of firewall programs lately??? I have seen a
    number of users decide for some reason that they need a firewall program
    installed. After that, it is a big task to get it out, or to at least allow
    internet access again.

    If he is using a descent cable modem, it should have a hardware firewall
    built in, and thus not require any external firewall softwares.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Sep 8, 2004