Can not buy a fine product because of a letter ("A-B-C") error.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Knut Arvid Keilen, Aug 27, 2006.

  1. Hi !

    A business on the web which is having the web-address of
    http://www.orionstudios.com (and .net) is offering a fine product having the
    name of
    DirectDVD 6 HD Professional Version. Somewhat expensive, US$ 99.99, I have
    got a coupon for a discount of US$ 40.

    This because I have bought a earlier version (Direct DVD 5 - it actually is
    5.2) which is later activated by means of a code.

    When I go through the process of bying the product (6 HD), the system wants
    my country (in this case Norway) from a drop-down list.

    There is an error in the system and the abbreviation NOR (for Norway)
    becomes "MOR".

    Therefore the system refuses the transaction. I have the software downloaded
    which may or may not differ from the final product
    (many products only needs the activation code or the similar to become the
    "PRO" version).

    So this offer expires very shortly. I probably bought the previous version
    without a coupon, although I do not remember what I paid at that time.

    One or more e-mails I have posted to Orion Studios regarding this letter
    error (which already was there when I bought the previous version)
    was not replied at and the error is still there.

    Can anyone help me with this problem ?

    Thanks !

    Knut Arvid Keilen
    NORWAY.

    Knut Arvid Keilen, Aug 27, 2006

  2. Knut Arvid Keilen

    John Holmes Guest

    Knut Arvid Keilen "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi !
    >
    > A business on the web which is having the web-address of
    > http://www.orionstudios.com (and .net) is offering a fine product
    > having the name of
    > DirectDVD 6 HD Professional Version. Somewhat expensive, US$ 99.99, I
    > have got a coupon for a discount of US$ 40.
    >
    > This because I have bought a earlier version (Direct DVD 5 - it
    > actually is 5.2) which is later activated by means of a code.
    >
    > When I go through the process of bying the product (6 HD), the system
    > wants my country (in this case Norway) from a drop-down list.
    >
    > There is an error in the system and the abbreviation NOR (for Norway)
    > becomes "MOR".
    >
    > Therefore the system refuses the transaction. I have the software
    > downloaded which may or may not differ from the final product
    > (many products only needs the activation code or the similar to become
    > the "PRO" version).
    >
    > So this offer expires very shortly. I probably bought the previous
    > version without a coupon, although I do not remember what I paid at
    > that time.
    >
    > One or more e-mails I have posted to Orion Studios regarding this
    > letter error (which already was there when I bought the previous
    > version) was not replied at and the error is still there.
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this problem ?
    >
    > Thanks !
    >
    > Knut Arvid Keilen
    > NORWAY.

    Tell them you're in Sweden. Nobody will tell the difference.

    --
    Your mother was a lost bag-lady who visited pornographic web-sites in a
    shabby internet cafe.

    John Holmes, Aug 27, 2006