    I can see other computor when I go to view workgroup but get message netwoork
    path not found. Other computer (wireless) has access to internet but cannot
    find other computor either. How do I get them to see each other?
    Bob, Feb 12, 2008

  2. Do you receive system error if using net view command, for example net view
    \\remoepcipaddress?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Feb 12, 2008

  3. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 13, 2008
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Not sure what you mean, can you explain net view command?

    Bob, Feb 13, 2008
  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Also here is what else is happening. The laptop sees the main computor and
    when I go to view workgroup computors on the laptop everything is there to
    share but not the other way ( main to laptop)

    Bob, Feb 13, 2008
  6. Make sure no firewall or security software blocks to access the main
    computer. Also on the main pc, run command prompt. Type ipconfig to find the
    ip address. On the laptop do net view \\mainpcipaddress. You may receive a
    system error. Post back here.

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Feb 13, 2008
  7. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Thanks
    on the main computor I get an error message when I type in ipconfig and on
    the laptop at the prompt I also get an error.

    Bob, Feb 14, 2008