    laptop. My sister can print to my mother's printer, but I can not. When I
    try to access my mother's computer through the workgroup, it is not
    accessible, it says network path not found.

    =?Utf-8?B?YWRyaWFubmU=?=, Jan 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YWRyaWFubmU=?=

    Malke Guest

    adrianne wrote:

    > My Mother's computer is the host computer, she is running Windows
    > XP-Pro, I
    > am using Windows XP-Home. Her comupter is connected to the internet
    > through
    > a cable modem with a Wireless G Broadband Router also attached. I can
    > access the internet through the wireless connection, my sister can
    > also from her
    > laptop. My sister can print to my mother's printer, but I can not.
    > When I try to access my mother's computer through the workgroup, it is
    > not accessible, it says network path not found.

    Here are some links to help you:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)
    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
    Hans-Georg Michna

    In particular, you may find it useful to go through MVP Hans-Georg
    Michna's troubleshooter as it will help you pinpoint where the problem
    lies.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User