    like setting SSIDs, security, or SSID broadcasts. I'm certain that there is
    some caching going on that is effectively blacklisting this BSSID on this
    particular PC.
    =?Utf-8?B?dGl0YW4yMDA3?=, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Sorry...that last statement was supposed to be...

    I AM NOT LOOKING FOR BASIC WIFI RESPONSES REGARDING SSID, SECURITY, ETC.

    Ultimately I have tried every combination including logging in with a
    different account and even safe-mode. Like I said the laptop was connecting
    no problem until I ran the Dlink wizard and it rebooted. Since then even a
    reset of laptop and router does nothing. There has to be a file somewhere
    that still has some configuration garbage in it and wherever this is it is
    not part of the normal visible configuration.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGl0YW4yMDA3?=, Mar 4, 2007

  3. Hi
    It is hard to tell since i do not know what the D-Link wizard does.
    While wizards might make life easier to End_users, as a professional I would
    not use some one else's wizard if I can configure manually, or if there is a
    full disclosure of what the wizard does.
    That is especially true with Wireless since the wizards might "mess around"
    with WZC, that many people prefer to use as a Wireless utility.
    Look at the running processes and see if any thing related to Wireless is
    running unnecessarily wireless applications in the back round.
    Otherwise email D-Link support they might have a solution.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 4, 2007
  4. Thanks but it's not the router. I'm using a Dlink DWT-G730. The other
    laptop (also running WinXP) has picked up the router everytime regardless of
    SSID, channels or security. It's only this laptop that has the problem.
    Like I said I reinstalled the WiFi NIC...also upgraded the firmware...and
    even installed a completely different one (different manufacturer and
    wireless utility). Both pick up a half dozen WiFi networks in the area but
    only the other laptop picks up my home network. It's as if it has been
    blacklisted which is why I'm wondering if there is some hidden wireless
    configuration somewhere in Windows. I've been surfing all week and have yet
    to find a problem similar to mine.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGl0YW4yMDA3?=, Mar 4, 2007