  1. Pachy

    Pachy Guest

    can anybody tell me if i can use mySQL to handle .wav data format?

    Pachy, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Pachy

    Basket Case Guest

    "Pachy" <> wrote in message
    news:Njp1c.82482$...
    > can anybody tell me if i can use mySQL to handle .wav data format?

    MySQL is a database server, not a sound player.

    -BC

    Basket Case, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Pachy

    Basket Case Guest

    "Basket Case" <> wrote in message

    > "Pachy" <> wrote in message
    > > can anybody tell me if i can use mySQL to handle .wav data format?
    > >

    > MySQL is a database server, not a sound player.
    >
    > -BC

    Ahh ... I just saw a more concise question you posted on another NG:

    "can anybody tell me if i can manage a database of .wav files using mySQL?"

    MySQL is intended to be used primarily as a back-end. You can certainly
    design applications or perl scripts to catalogue your .wav files using
    MySQL.

    Basket Case, Mar 3, 2004