    We also have an seperate working ADSL.
    Can I use the Cisco 2600 to bond the T1 and ADSL for network redundancy?

    So if either T1 or ADLS fails..the other WAN takes up the load?

    captain-silver, Sep 22, 2004

  2. captain-silver wrote:
    > I have a Cisco 2600 that is connected to a working T1.
    > We also have an seperate working ADSL.
    > Can I use the Cisco 2600 to bond the T1 and ADSL for network redundancy?
    >
    > So if either T1 or ADLS fails..the other WAN takes up the load?

    Loodbalancing would be a bonus...because failover is sufficient.

    captain-silver, Sep 22, 2004

  3. captain-silver <> wrote in news:10l3fpnbgg89t96
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > captain-silver wrote:
    >> I have a Cisco 2600 that is connected to a working T1.
    >> We also have an seperate working ADSL.
    >> Can I use the Cisco 2600 to bond the T1 and ADSL for network redundancy?
    >>
    >> So if either T1 or ADLS fails..the other WAN takes up the load?
    >>

    > Loodbalancing would be a bonus...because failover is sufficient.

    Are these connected to the internet? If so you can use floating default
    routes to provide failover. You'll just add the priority to the route so
    you'll have something like

    ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1
    ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1 250

    Secret Squirrel, Sep 22, 2004
  4. In article <Xns956C961F5A816secretsquirrel69yaho@216.196.97.131>,
    Secret Squirrel <> wrote:
    :captain-silver <> wrote in news:10l3fpnbgg89t96
    :mad:corp.supernews.com:
    :>> I have a Cisco 2600 that is connected to a working T1.
    :>> We also have an seperate working ADSL.
    :>> Can I use the Cisco 2600 to bond the T1 and ADSL for network redundancy?

    :Are these connected to the internet? If so you can use floating default
    :routes to provide failover. You'll just add the priority to the route so
    :you'll have something like

    That works for outgoing connections made -after- the failover, but
    doesn't work for any connection that was ongoing at the time of
    the failover, and [unless your DNS records list the IPs from both
    providers for all resources] doesn't work for incoming connections
    unless the people know to try to try the alternate address.
    --
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub null} little, Aleph sub {Aleph sub one} little,
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub two} little infinities...

    Walter Roberson, Sep 22, 2004
  5. captain-silver

    PES Guest

    "Secret Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    > captain-silver <> wrote in news:10l3fpnbgg89t96
    > @corp.supernews.com:
    >
    >> captain-silver wrote:
    >>> I have a Cisco 2600 that is connected to a working T1.
    >>> We also have an seperate working ADSL.
    >>> Can I use the Cisco 2600 to bond the T1 and ADSL for network redundancy?
    >>>
    >>> So if either T1 or ADLS fails..the other WAN takes up the load?
    >>>

    >> Loodbalancing would be a bonus...because failover is sufficient.
    >>

    > Are these connected to the internet? If so you can use floating default
    > routes to provide failover. You'll just add the priority to the route so
    > you'll have something like
    >
    > ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1
    > ip route 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 10.1.1.1 250

    That's fine for the traffic, but if it NAT is also req'd, that's the fun
    part.

    PES, Sep 23, 2004
  6. captain-silver

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <4152169d$>,
    NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE**SUCKS says...
    > That's fine for the traffic, but if it NAT is also req'd, that's the fun
    > part.

    Easy enough to do with a route-map. You just match the ip with the
    interface to see which natpool should be used.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Sep 23, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    Hansang Bae <> wrote:
    >In article <4152169d$>,
    >NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE**SUCKS says...
    >> That's fine for the traffic, but if it NAT is also req'd, that's the fun
    >> part.

    >Easy enough to do with a route-map. You just match the ip with the
    >interface to see which natpool should be used.

    Hansang, I can't believe you, of all people, fell into the trap of
    expecting Cisco IOS to work logically and usefully.

    The route-map is only used to assign the initial NAT. Once the NAT
    is in the translation table, it will continue to be used until the
    NAT is cleared, regardless of which interface is used to send the
    packet (a royal pain when building redundant solutions with ADSL
    and cable connections). The NAT table will probably be cleared when
    the T1 fails (most IOS releases do serial interfaces correctly),
    but when the time comes to go back from ADSL to the T1, nothing
    is going to work except for new connections, as the attempts to
    use the old translations will even reset the timeouts on them to
    prevent them from disappearing.

    http://www.networkingunlimited.com

    Vincent C Jones, Sep 24, 2004