    XPD^
    http://www.xpd.co.nz/
    Kiwi based computer help
    XPD, Jul 28, 2005

  2. XPD

    Tim Guest

    What 3rd party s/w have you tried?
    I used OutlookRecovery a while back and it worked near to 100%
    They have a free download to try on your PST - it will process the file and
    give you an indication of the degree of success.

    - Tim

    Tim, Jul 28, 2005

  3. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message news:dc9fvp$4u0$...
    > What 3rd party s/w have you tried?
    > I used OutlookRecovery a while back and it worked near to 100%
    > They have a free download to try on your PST - it will process the file
    > and give you an indication of the degree of success.

    Yup tried that and others..... just trying EasyRecovery Pro on it now.....
    XPD, Jul 28, 2005
  4. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "XPD" <> wrote in message
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> What 3rd party s/w have you tried?
    >> I used OutlookRecovery a while back and it worked near to 100%
    >> They have a free download to try on your PST - it will process the file
    >> and give you an indication of the degree of success.

    > Yup tried that and others..... just trying EasyRecovery Pro on it now.....

    And that one has failed too.... argh :)
    I refuse to believe the file is full of 1's and 0's.... oh... thats right...
    it is ;)

    --
    XPD^
    http://www.xpd.co.nz/
    XPD, Jul 28, 2005
  5. XPD

    Rob J Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:06:22 +1200, "XPD"
    <> wrote:

    >Is it worth my time/money to contact MS and see if they can help recover a
    >stuffed PST ?
    >Ive tried multiple programs and ScanPST to try and recover it and they all
    >fail :(
    >
    >Anyone from MS here offer any solution ? :)
    >
    >600mb PST created in Outlook 2000 - wont open due to errors - ScanPST finds
    >errors but dosent seem to fix them. 3rd party s/ware dosent seem to find
    >anything in the PST at all.

    600 MB, what the hell do you have in it?
    Rob J, Jul 30, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    Rob J <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:06:22 +1200, "XPD"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Is it worth my time/money to contact MS and see if they can help recover a
    >>stuffed PST ?
    >>Ive tried multiple programs and ScanPST to try and recover it and they all
    >>fail :(
    >>
    >>Anyone from MS here offer any solution ? :)
    >>
    >>600mb PST created in Outlook 2000 - wont open due to errors - ScanPST finds
    >>errors but dosent seem to fix them. 3rd party s/ware dosent seem to find
    >>anything in the PST at all.

    >600 MB, what the hell do you have in it?

    What difference does that make? It still shouldn't be an excuse for a
    software corruption error to lose it all, should it?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 30, 2005
  7. XPD

    Mercury Guest

    There you go making assumptions again.
    How do you know it was a "software corruption error"?

    And while you are at it, please tell us what exactly a "software corruption
    error" is. I am not familiar with the term - it must be a term native to you
    host OS of choice.

    Mercury, Jul 30, 2005
  8. In article <dcfhkr$prc$>, "Mercury" <>
    wrote:

    >There you go making assumptions again.
    >How do you know it was a "software corruption error"?
    >
    >And while you are at it, please tell us what exactly a "software corruption
    >error" is. I am not familiar with the term - it must be a term native to you
    >host OS of choice.
    >
    >> What difference does that make? It still shouldn't be an excuse for a
    >> software corruption error to lose it all, should it?

    If you don't know what a "software corruption error" is, then how do you
    know what kind of assumptions I am making?
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 30, 2005
  9. XPD

    Mercury Guest

    Thats a very good question. Tell us, please do.

    While you are at it you may wish to explain also how a "software corruption
    error" relates to the OP's problem?

    Lastly, since you seem to have this diabolical ability to see over peoples
    sholders from afar, what piece of software was involved?

    Mercury, Jul 30, 2005