Can MIDI sequence files play on regular CD player?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nickial, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. nickial

    nickial Guest

    I run Win98 SE.

    My son has downloaded some MIDI sequence files. (Sound bites). Does anyone
    know if he can just burn them onto a CD and play them on a regular CD
    player? I have Nero 5.5 but not sure if it "converts" the MIDI files to
    ..wav or mp3 files during the burn session.

    If Nero does not have the capability, is there a "free" converter out there
    that I can convert MIDI to .wav or mp3 files prior to burning them?

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    ---

    nickial, Sep 11, 2003

  2. nickial

    docmill Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/my5e

    --
    +++++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    Docmill's "Home of Hot Links in the FryingSpam"

    docmill, Sep 11, 2003

  3. nickial

    docmill Guest

    "nickial" <> wrote in

    > I run Win98 SE.
    >
    > My son has downloaded some MIDI sequence files. (Sound bites). Does
    > anyone know if he can just burn them onto a CD and play them on a
    > regular CD player? I have Nero 5.5 but not sure if it "converts" the
    > MIDI files to .wav or mp3 files during the burn session.
    >
    > If Nero does not have the capability, is there a "free" converter out
    > there that I can convert MIDI to .wav or mp3 files prior to burning
    > them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!

    Try this one.

    http://mp3.about.com/cs/tipstricks/a/miditomp3orcd.htm

    I don't use Nero, so I can't ............

    docmill, Sep 11, 2003
  4. nickial

    jeroen Guest

    In article <4UQ7b.410189$YN5.277044@sccrnsc01>,
    says...
    > I run Win98 SE.
    >
    > My son has downloaded some MIDI sequence files. (Sound bites). Does anyone
    > know if he can just burn them onto a CD and play them on a regular CD
    > player? I have Nero 5.5 but not sure if it "converts" the MIDI files to
    > .wav or mp3 files during the burn session.
    >
    > If Nero does not have the capability, is there a "free" converter out there
    > that I can convert MIDI to .wav or mp3 files prior to burning them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help!

    Never tried it with midi files but I think it should work. just be sure
    to select "audio cd"

    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards
    Jeroen Wijnands